The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Should I go to Bournemouth University?

ive heard that Bournemouth is very good for clubbing and that which im really into, can someone please tell me what it's like to live in Bournemouth and what the uni and areas like, and also good clubs there, is it a busy town? and is it really student based?
thank youu
Original post by Georgiacyoung
ive heard that Bournemouth is very good for clubbing and that which im really into, can someone please tell me what it's like to live in Bournemouth and what the uni and areas like, and also good clubs there, is it a busy town? and is it really student based?
thank youu

Hi Georgiacyoung,

If your into clubbing then I am sure your going to love Bournemouth! I would say if you go into town your either see loads of elderly people that have retired in Bournemouth or loads of students. So it's the students that makes it such a busy place.

Theres lot of clubs for example the main ones being: Halo, Lost Gardens, Bonsia, Yates, Cameo, The Old Firestation and then the BIC and O2 academy also hold lots of clubbing events. Your usually find a student night on every day of the week, so plenty of options to choose from!

Bournemouth uni and the surrounding areas are all very nice, particularly when the sun is out! The beach and lower gardens are a great place to chill out and your find lots to do with their being plenty of pubs, bars, restraunts, shops and cinemas around.

I don't think your get bored at Bournemouth and what makes it more great is that most of the first year accomodation is based in town so your never far from anyone or anything!

If you have any other questions I'm happy to awnser :smile:

Gemma :biggrin:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Georgiacyoung
thank youu

Hi Geogiac

My name is Amy and I am second year Archaeology student at BU.

Bournemouth is a great place to live. There are lots (seriously lots) of buses so public transport isn't really an issue. There is a lot to do in the town centre and in the smaller areas such as Winton ( Wallisdown is a little small and doesn't have many shops) both of which are in walking distance of the Talbot campus and can cater to most of your everyday needs. The town centre has a wider range of shops, with several bars, clubs, restaurants as well as a cinema and the pier.

Most of my time is spent on the Talbot campus. Currently there is building work going on for a new science building which should be open in 2016. This Monday they opened up a new building for SUBU and students which has a lot of cool looking chairs, two new cafes and some awesome views (also two beach huts).

It can be busy, but depending on when you go into town. I have seen the high street almost empty before, but on a nice sunny day there are lots of street performers and loads to do.

Hope that helps some

Amy
Choosing your uni based on clubbing :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending