Toastie2001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am in year 9 and I just wondered if anyone has any regrets on their GCSE choices. I am going to be taking:
art, electronic products, French and history.

Also I am going to probably take triple science.
jackmolineux
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Toastie2001)
Hi, I am in year 9 and I just wondered if anyone has any regrets on their GCSE choices. I am going to be taking:
art, electronic products, French and history.

Also I am going to probably take triple science.
Hello,

Personally, I have no regrets at all at the moment on the subjects I chose...maybe you should ask me this when my GCSES are over hahaha!
I chose;
History
Geography
French
Economics

These subjects mean I have loads of exams which is a bummer.

I don't think that my school offers electronic products so can't comment on that.
Although I will say... Everybody who took art that I know regrets it. Its very very time consuming or so I hear, but I'm sure if its something you really enjoy you will do well
I can't even draw a straight line so art was out the window for me haha

I'm also doing triple science, which to be honest is very rushed in year 11, lots of work compared to some subjects but ah well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Toastie2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackmolineux)
Hello,

Personally, I have no regrets at all at the moment on the subjects I chose...maybe you should ask me this when my GCSES are over hahaha!
I chose;
History
Geography
French
Economics

These subjects mean I have loads of exams which is a bummer.

I don't think that my school offers electronic products so can't comment on that.
Although I will say... Everybody who took art that I know regrets it. Its very very time consuming or so I hear, but I'm sure if its something you really enjoy you will do well
I can't even draw a straight line so art was out the window for me haha

I'm also doing triple science, which to be honest is very rushed in year 11, lots of work compared to some subjects but ah well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I personally want to go into science when I'm older and art is more or less purely for enjoyment (although I am told that I'm good at it ). Hope you do well at your GCSEs!
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I finished my GCSEs last year and I chose history, triple science, IT and German.

I liked them all except history, I just found the content so boring! Although the teacher didn't help. But that really depends if you don't mind doing essay based subjects, and what topics you do (I had to do American West and Medicine tthrough time, both which were not fun, although my Northern Ireland Troubles coursework was fun )
Toastie2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by AstroNandos)
I finished my GCSEs last year and I chose history, triple science, IT and German.

I liked them all except history, I just found the content so boring! Although the teacher didn't help. But that really depends if you don't mind doing essay based subjects, and what topics you do (I had to do American West and Medicine tthrough time, both which were not fun, although my Northern Ireland Troubles coursework was fun )

I think in history we're going to be doing stuff like international relations, the USA- I'm not sure. Although I currently don't mind the essay like assessments, hopefully I'll enjoy it.
loodz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you are not fluent, don't learn hard vocabulary quickly don't take a language.
I took spanish and I 100% regret it. There's so much coursework (I do aqa) and revising for Spanish is impossible. But if your a fast learner and have good memory take it.
I don't want to put you of, just giving your tips to consider. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Toastie2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by loodz)
If you are not fluent, don't learn hard vocabulary quickly don't take a language.
I took spanish and I 100% regret it. There's so much coursework (I do aqa) and revising for Spanish is impossible. But if your a fast learner and have good memory take it.
I don't want to put you of, just giving your tips to consider. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Milly!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm in my last year and don't have any regrets. Although, I do wish we had been given more options as I had to decide between geography or history and I think they are both evil. I am certain I would of failed geography whereas I think I can just about scrape an A in History.
I chose:
History
French
Media Studies
Performing Arts
Honestly just pick things you are good at and enjoy. People were trying to make me do Triple Science as it's deemed more important but I wouldn't of done very well because I don't find it interesting. However I have a passion for Performing Arts and i'm hoping to get an A.
Also I highly recommend French. I'm actually surprised by how much I enjoy it and it also looks awesome on your CV.
Enjoy the rest of year 9 (honestly one of my favourite years).
gapyear2018
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wish I took geography over R.S

The only reason I didn't take geography is because my teacher kind of freaked the whole class out by showing is a geography a level past paper in y8....
Toastie2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Milly!)
I'm in my last year and don't have any regrets. Although, I do wish we had been given more options as I had to decide between geography or history and I think they are both evil. I am certain I would of failed geography whereas I think I can just about scrape an A in History.
I chose:
History
French
Media Studies
Performing Arts
Honestly just pick things you are good at and enjoy. People were trying to make me do Triple Science as it's deemed more important but I wouldn't of done very well because I don't find it interesting. However I have a passion for Performing Arts and i'm hoping to get an A.
Also I highly recommend French. I'm actually surprised by how much I enjoy it and it also looks awesome on your CV.
Enjoy the rest of year 9 (honestly one of my favourite years).
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads