FitzwilliamDarcy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, just wondering about the ucas convention at alexandra palace in london - for those who went today and are going tomorrow - as I'm going on 18 march - did every university have prospectuses at their stand? will they run out in the afternoon?? and which unis gave out free stuff - bags, pens, etc.? also if I have time in the end I'm going around collecting freebies! so which stands had the nicest free goodies? thanks. (:
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Universities will all give out prospectuses, and they will only run out if something has gone very wrong with their planning - they don't want that to happen, so don't worry about them running out of prospectuses. Try and be selective in terms of which prospectuses you pick up - if you pick them all up then you will very rapidly find yourself unable to walk under the weight of the things.

As a rule only universities that are fairly desperate to attract people to their stand have gimmicks like free key rings and branded stress balls and so on.

Please don't use the UCAS fair as being an exercise in picking up freebies. The university staff there are a fantastic resource who can tell you all about their university, entry requirements, your chances of getting in and what it's like to live there, and almost anything else you care to ask. This is the one time where you will have access to this wealth of information and advice all in one place. Don't squander it by just going around picking up a load of plastic tat.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
]
I loved going round the UCAS fair when I applied it worked a bit like this you go in the morning and wonder round chatting to places you like the look or Herts or wherever you then have lunch (there is a nice Asian restaurant round there. then in the afternoon I went back to the places I liked asked a few more questions and picked up the prospectuses.

Most of the people on stands will be currant students so can give you a currant impression of what the place is like.

And yes some places do have little gimmicks but that's not why your there.
FitzwilliamDarcy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
]
I loved going round the UCAS fair when I applied it worked a bit like this you go in the morning and wonder round chatting to places you like the look or Herts or wherever you then have lunch (there is a nice Asian restaurant round there. then in the afternoon I went back to the places I liked asked a few more questions and picked up the prospectuses.

Most of the people on stands will be currant students so can give you a currant impression of what the place is like.

And yes some places do have little gimmicks but that's not why your there.
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Universities will all give out prospectuses, and they will only run out if something has gone very wrong with their planning - they don't want that to happen, so don't worry about them running out of prospectuses. Try and be selective in terms of which prospectuses you pick up - if you pick them all up then you will very rapidly find yourself unable to walk under the weight of the things.

As a rule only universities that are fairly desperate to attract people to their stand have gimmicks like free key rings and branded stress balls and so on.

Please don't use the UCAS fair as being an exercise in picking up freebies. The university staff there are a fantastic resource who can tell you all about their university, entry requirements, your chances of getting in and what it's like to live there, and almost anything else you care to ask. This is the one time where you will have access to this wealth of information and advice all in one place. Don't squander it by just going around picking up a load of plastic tat.
thanks for your replies! (:
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FitzwilliamDarcy)
Hi, just wondering about the ucas convention at alexandra palace in london - for those who went today and are going tomorrow - as I'm going on 18 march - did every university have prospectuses at their stand? will they run out in the afternoon?? and which unis gave out free stuff - bags, pens, etc.? also if I have time in the end I'm going around collecting freebies! so which stands had the nicest free goodies? thanks. (:
I'm actually quite excited for tomorrow! Might see you there! Ha ha!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (586)
34.15%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (709)
41.32%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (343)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (78)
4.55%

Watched Threads