OCR History A - Help! Watch

iMacJack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, so in my last two mocks for paper 1 and 2 of the OCR History A exam I have got two D's. The skill for exams isn't my problem, it's my knowledge. Does anyone know of any good OCR history A revision resources and any good techniques to revise OCR history?

Thanks!
faggstagram
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i think this was the same spec as me ???? i did nazi germany, medicine through time and a source paper as well as a CW on n/ireland.

go through your most recent mocks and look at the questions you flopped on and pinpoint the topics they're on. revise those first, they're a good place to start. you need to find a way that suits you - some write notes out, some do cue cards, some do mind maps etc. also see if you can find the spec online

do revision on every topic on the spec and then all it is is practice papers. fill them out and mark them yourself so you get a feel of what the examiners really want
iMacJack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by faggstagram)
i think this was the same spec as me ???? i did nazi germany, medicine through time and a source paper as well as a CW on n/ireland.

go through your most recent mocks and look at the questions you flopped on and pinpoint the topics they're on. revise those first, they're a good place to start. you need to find a way that suits you - some write notes out, some do cue cards, some do mind maps etc. also see if you can find the spec online

do revision on every topic on the spec and then all it is is practice papers. fill them out and mark them yourself so you get a feel of what the examiners really want
Hey. No, I do American west + Medicine through time.

Thanks for some of the tips, though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads