AQA AS History Britiain and Appeasement (HIS2J) Watch

CharlyMim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My class has begun to question spot for May 2015.
We have come up with a list of topics to revise thoroughly.
1920s;
  • Collective security
  • Locarno & other peace pacts/treaties
  • League of Nations

1930 - 1936;
  • Stresa Front
  • Manchuria Crisis
  • Abyssinian Crisis
  • Reoccupation of the Rhineland
  • Ancheluss

1937 - 1940;
  • Munich
  • Military preparedness for war
  • Italy (generally in the thirties)

If anyone is doing this particular unit in AS History, feel free to contribute any sources, essays or anything relevant for this exam!
Lost_hope
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I'm really struggling with the structure for the source question. Got any tips?
CharlyMim
Rep:
?
For the twelve mark question, you need two differences and one similarity. Don't paraphrase the quote you've used. At the end of the three paragraphs write a judgment.
CharlyMim
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lost_hope)
Hi, I'm really struggling with the structure for the source question. Got any tips?
Also, for the 24 marker, again three points. Use all three sources to support your answer or you won't achieve anything higher than level 2.
Lost_hope
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CharlyMim)
Also, for the 24 marker, again three points. Use all three sources to support your answer or you won't achieve anything higher than level 2.
thank you, how is your revision going. You know for question one you just say the difference and similarities and do not power phrase
dandaman098
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi, i'm also doing this course and wanted to know what points, with examples, i could use to say that the treaties in the 1920's "were a triumph of british foreign policy"

i have points against it such as how it wasn't a triumph im the east, the impact of streseman and how the treaties didn't fix bad relations.
CharlyMim
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lost_hope)
thank you, how is your revision going. You know for question one you just say the difference and similarities and do not power phrase
Hi Lost Hope, yeah revision isn't going too bad. The source question helps cut down the revision a bit more. Also, if you can, try to reference historian's names in your essays e.g. A J P Taylor, Simon Schama, E H Carr
CharlyMim
Rep:
?
(Original post by dandaman098)
hi, i'm also doing this course and wanted to know what points, with examples, i could use to say that the treaties in the 1920's "were a triumph of british foreign policy"

i have points against it such as how it wasn't a triumph im the east, the impact of streseman and how the treaties didn't fix bad relations.
Could you phrase the question?
Lost_hope
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Lost Hope, yeah revision isn't going too bad. The source question helps cut down the revision a bit more. Also, if you can, try to reference historian's names in your essays e.g. A J P Taylor, Simon Schama, E H Carr
thank you, yeah I have some quotes from those historians but not for all areas, is that ok? yh source bit helps to cut back on stuff
Lost_hope
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dandaman098)

do you mean treaty of versailles?if its like the locarno treaties you can say how it secured the western frontier so France felt more secure, Briand and Streseman worked together which resulted in Germany welcomed backed into international fraternity as they joined the league of nations in 1926.
Chembiolbec
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  517.6 KB Thought this might be of help
Lost_hope
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chembiolbec)
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  517.6 KB Thought this might be of help
thank you
Chembiolbec
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any ideas of what is going to come up? I thought Locarno but I'm not sure
My class has begun to question spot for May 2015.
We have come up with a list of topics to revise thoroughly.
1920s;
  • Collective security
  • Locarno & other peace pacts/treaties
  • League of Nations

1930 - 1936;
  • Stresa Front
  • Manchuria Crisis
  • Abyssinian Crisis
  • Reoccupation of the Rhineland
  • Ancheluss

1937 - 1940;
  • Munich
  • Military preparedness for war
  • Italy (generally in the thirties)

If anyone is doing this particular unit in AS History, feel free to contribute any sources, essays or anything relevant for this exam!
Lost_hope
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hey, how did everyone find the exam?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (38)
10.03%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.17%
No, but I want to start (136)
35.88%
No, I am unable to (86)
22.69%
No, I chose not to (107)
28.23%