The Student Room Group

Big 4 ACA--> ER

Hi guys,

Currently in Audit working on the ACA at the big 4 in a large regional office, I don't have first time passes but I am very interested in moving into Equity Research immediately after qualification.

Will the lack of first time passes hold me back from the biggest firms, or any for that matter?

What are the chances of successfully orchestrating such a move and how could I improve my odds?

(For what its worth, I have some pretty good EC's and went to a target uni).

Regards.
Reply 1
Yes, you're generally required to have first time passes and I tihnk being in a regional office would also go against you.
Your odds might be improved by moving to london and then joining a TS or CF team, which is viewed more favourably.
Original post by hotshot45
Hi guys,

Currently in Audit working on the ACA at the big 4 in a large regional office, I don't have first time passes but I am very interested in moving into Equity Research immediately after qualification.

Will the lack of first time passes hold me back from the biggest firms, or any for that matter?

What are the chances of successfully orchestrating such a move and how could I improve my odds?

(For what its worth, I have some pretty good EC's and went to a target uni).

Regards.

I disagree with the poster above. Do the CFA Level 1 and you have a shot. One of my seniors last year hadn't passed all his exams first time. He now works in ER at Citi.
Original post by KLL
Yes, you're generally required to have first time passes and I tihnk being in a regional office would also go against you.
Your odds might be improved by moving to london and then joining a TS or CF team, which is viewed more favourably.

It's not a requirement. The interviewer couldn't care less.
Original post by Roronoa
I disagree with the poster above. Do the CFA Level 1 and you have a shot. One of my seniors last year hadn't passed all his exams first time. He now works in ER at Citi.

This. Real life experience > > > Anecdotal evidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending