The Student Room Group

re-applying for loan after dropping out past course.

I dropped out of my last course because I didn't like the teachers and didn't enjoy the course as much as I thought I would. However, after 2 years I have found the correct course and am looking to apply again. How difficult is it to do this and what are the chances that I will be accepted? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Tonywilson
I dropped out of my last course because I didn't like the teachers and didn't enjoy the course as much as I thought I would. However, after 2 years I have found the correct course and am looking to apply again. How difficult is it to do this and what are the chances that I will be accepted? Thanks!

At what point in your degree did you leave your last course? The entitlement to Student Finance is based on how many years of uni-level study you've previously done (partial years are counted as complete).

If you have sufficient entitlement remaining and still meet the basic SF eligibility criteria, then you will be able to get further SF funding.
Reply 2
Student finance can help fund for four years, however Student Finance may not help to cover costs for your first year of your new course. It's best if you phone them up.
Original post by Joy0712
Student finance can help fund for four years, however Student Finance may not help to cover costs for your first year of your new course. It's best if you phone them up.

This is technically incorrect. It is calculated by length of course + 1 - previous years studied. This works out at a possible 4 years for 3 year courses, but also takes into account courses that are longer, so someone who goes onto a 4 year course still has a 'gift' year that they can use if needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending