charal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello guys , i am one of those who want to pursue a master in uk. Main purpose is to live in uk and work in banking sector(investment). I have a strong Bachelor degree from the best Greek Uni (School of economics unknown though :P).I am going to start GMAT in a month and i have 2 interniships (4 months each) I want your wisdom for these programms:
1) Cass master in banking and international finance
2) Bath master in finance with banking
3)durham master in international banking and finance
4)manchester master in finance
5)strathckyde master in international banking and finance
6)edinburg banking and risk
7)warwick master in finance
8)reading (henley) master in securities investment and banking
9)Lancaster master in money banking and finance
I know tha imperial and lse should be there but i dont have the money for these programms and warwick and cass kind of are my limits Please help me categorize because i know tha warwick is the best from that list. Thank you in advance
Adebeni
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sincerely, the universities you listed above are good schools. They all have good rankings and high employability rating. If i should guess, i think you are looking forward to a career in compliance and risk. If you are Greek, your chances of living, finding a job in the United Kingdom are high because of the European Union relationship between the two countries. Due to the present economic turmoil in Greece; if it should pull out of the EU then you cannot enjoy the privilege home students enjoy such as home fee and Free movement. Also things might change if the United Kingdom should pull out of the EU. The general election is fast approaching, different political party leaders have their way of tackling Immigration (one of Britain's major problem). I wish you all the best.
Below is a controversial published by efinancialcareer showing top 50 world universities getting front office jobs in the investment banking: http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk...t-banking-job/
charal
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i want a career in investment banking and not so much in compliance or auditing etc. Anyway if you have to choose between durham ,bath , manchester and strathclyde which would you choose ???
Adebeni
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will choose Bath University
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (5)
33.33%
No - I have already returned home (2)
13.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (5)
33.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (3)
20%

Watched Threads