Extended Project

Watch this thread
Phillipo57
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Apart from the EPQ dissertation itself, the bibliography/references, project proposal form and EPQ evaluation, what else do I need to hand in? Apparently I also need to hand in a source evaluation where are evaluate the reliability of my sources. Is this true?
Another thing is that we are supposed to have an EPQ folder, and in that folder, are we meant to have all our research printed out and annotated/highlighted? Im not sure but I have a lot of research and if i were to print it all out just so the examiner could see it, it would be a gigantic waste of paper so could someone clear up for me what is essential to hand in for the EPQ?
Thank you.
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I can't remember if the source analysis is compulsory or not (did the EPQ two years ago) but I evaluated every source I used and whether or not I'd be likely to use it and got an A* overall. Even if it's not compulsory it doesn't hurt to do it as it could potentially help you reach higher marking boundaries and boost your grade.

Regarding the EPQ folder, I had a folder of all the pieces of work and research I did but instead of highlighting/annotating it, I made a research log of which websites/articles/books I'd looked at, what I thought of them and how it would help. That saved paper for me and kept it clear and concise for anyone reading it to have a look. I'd double check this with your supervisor though as it may be a centre requirement as opposed to what the exam board says you must do.

Hope this helps
harleysanderson
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If you are with AQA then the source evaluation is compulsory, the source evaluation saves you from handing all of your research in :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (173)
41.19%
The paper was reasonable (190)
45.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (36)
8.57%
It was TERRIBLE (21)
5%

Watched Threads