should I stop talking to him.

Watch this thread
Anna1437
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have a guy friend who I wasn't really close with but we went out as a big group a few weeks ago and when the others left we stayed in the pub and chatted for ages. We found out we have an awful lot in common and now chat on Facebook pretty much everyday for hours. I don't fancy him I just like him a lot as a friend because he's a kind person. However a friend of mine noticed we are pally and said I should stop talking to him as he has a girlfriend. I don't know what to do now as I don't want to lose my friend but I would hate for his girlfriend to get the wrong end of the stick and for my friendship with him to cause an issue as she's also a really nice person. So should I stop talking to him? Or maybe mention what the friend said and see how he reacts? Like I said I don't want to lose a close friend but I'd hate to cause problems.
ejwvs
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
if i were you i'd tell him what your friend said and just talk it through with him, most guys will understand that that is how it may look and so ill most likely be willing to just play down your friendship in order to maintain both
getjob5
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anna1437)
I have a guy friend who I wasn't really close with but we went out as a big group a few weeks ago and when the others left we stayed in the pub and chatted for ages. We found out we have an awful lot in common and now chat on Facebook pretty much everyday for hours. I don't fancy him I just like him a lot as a friend because he's a kind person. However a friend of mine noticed we are pally and said I should stop talking to him as he has a girlfriend. I don't know what to do now as I don't want to lose my friend but I would hate for his girlfriend to get the wrong end of the stick and for my friendship with him to cause an issue as she's also a really nice person. So should I stop talking to him? Or maybe mention what the friend said and see how he reacts? Like I said I don't want to lose a close friend but I'd hate to cause problems.
I'm in the same position, I slowly stopped talking to him.
danty
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If you've nothing to hide, then hide nothing.

Unfortunately some people seem to think that males can't have female friends without wanting some fun times in this day and age. These same people are often the guilty ones when it comes to cheating in a relationship.

If his girlfriend has a problem, then she is the problem - not you.
Anna1437
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
If his girlfriend has a problem, then she is the problem - not you.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. She doesn't have a problem at all. It just a mutual friend of ours who has the problem.
rotkäppchen
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anna1437)
That's the thing. She doesn't have a problem at all. It just a mutual friend of ours who has the problem.
Then just don't worry. Your friend should stop overcomplicating things and seeing (potential) problems where there are none.
You and this guy are friends. You don't fancy him. His girlfriend is cool with it. Sounds like all three of you are cool with it.
SashaAnna
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Guys are allowed to have female friends when their in a relationship. What exactly is the friends problem?
RainBear
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If his girlfriend is fine with it then surely there's no problem?
Cinnamon_Fairy
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
As long as the girlfriend him and yiu have no problems and know nothing is going on it doesn't matter how it looks to anyone else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (79)
66.39%
No (29)
24.37%
I didn't use it to prepare (11)
9.24%

Watched Threads