###I'll start off= £6000 tuition fees if you're interested in uni. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by coconuthead--
###I'll start off= £6000 tuition fees if you're interested in uni. :smile:

to **** up the economy?
Original post by EggMayo
to **** up the economy?

No! To help students like us who shouldn't have to worry about money affecting our future studies or careers!
Vote tories!
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
No! To help students like us who shouldn't have to worry about money affecting our future studies or careers!

Oh no! If I earn £30k a year I have to pay back £90 a month! HOW WILL I EVER COPE?!?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why should the ordinary tax payer have yo worry about financing your education instead? Ridiculous
Original post by Gott
So you one of these politically disinterested students whose only concern about British politics is a reduction in something you theoretically don't have to pay back anyway. People like you disgust me

Shut up!!! I studied politcs at A level got an A, i've always been interested in politics, in fact I'll be studying it at uni. Your're one of those bigoted, arrogant indiviudals to judge people like me on the spot!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:Go away -I shall not acknowledge your attention
Reply 7
Original post by Birkenhead
Why should the ordinary tax payer have yo worry about financing your education instead? Ridiculous

Because

1) The vast majority of people who will pay more tax than they consume in benefits are graduates. The extremely high levels of income tax (around 60% of income for higher rate payers once you add everything up) more than covers the cost of their degrees, as well as subsidising the rest of the country. The idea that non-graduates subsidise graduates is absolute nonsense - most non-graduates under the age of 40 are net benefit recipients and are being subsidised, rather than subsidising. The "ordinary tax payer" can stop subsidising my degree if I get to stop subsiding their housing benefits, pension, healthcare, and children's educaiton. Deal?

2) This is not necessarily true for people aged over 40-50 since that generation was less likely to go to univeristy so you get high earning non-graduates. However anyone over the age of 50 or so is going to be leeching an _enormous_ amount of money form the tax paying youth to cover their unsustainable pensions, so they hardly have a right to complain about anything.

Do you seriously want the next generation to be as I'll-minded as yours ?
Do you seriously want the next generation to be as I'll-minded as yours ?

What are you implying? The number of people at university has risen since the tuition fee rise. The argument that very fairly placing the cost of higher education on the people who receive it reduces the education of a generation doesn't match the evidence.
What are you implying? The number of people at university has risen since the tuition fee rise. The argument that very fairly placing the cost of higher education on the people who receive it reduces the education of a generation doesn't match the evidence.

But if people want to go uni they will still go-regardless of fees

Why should the ordinary tax payer have to worry about financing those who choose to be unemployed with large families?

Why should they have to worry about the inflation caused by a £1.50 spike in wages?

Why should they have to worry about funding more interest from prolonged government borrowing?

I could go on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But if people want to go uni they will still go-regardless of fees

That's precisely the point I was making.
Original post by Fanatical Geek
Why should the ordinary tax payer have to worry about financing those who choose to be unemployed with large families?

Why should they have to worry about the inflation caused by a £1.50 spike in wages?

Why should they have to worry about funding more interest from prolonged government borrowing?

I could go on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

None of these examples are remotely comparable to asking tens of thousands of students each year - who will go on to have better job prospects and earning potential than the ordinary person - to be financed by this ordinary person.
That's precisely the point I was making.

My god!!!! your dislay is looking sexyyyyyyyy:p:p:p:)
Reply 15
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Vote tories!

Sorry Abdul Karim but Tories dont really like Ethnic groups

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's be honest, the main reason to vote Labour is to keep the Tories out.

Which is all the justification I need :biggrin:
Original post by Zahra96

That's none of my concern
Original post by Zahra96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they like rich old white men.
My god!!!! your dislay is looking sexyyyyyyyy:p:p:p:)

Dislay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending