The Student Room Group

BTEC ICT A level or ICT A level?????

I'm confused , which one is better and beneficial?
:s-smilie:
Reply 1
Check the modules taught on BTEC, in A level ICT you don't learn any programming and many universities don't accept it as it is considered a 'soft' A level

With BTEC you can learn a much wider variety and more complex topics such as programming (OOP, EDP, PP), Maths, Computer Architecture, Networks etc..
You are incorrect in saying that many universities don't accept A Level ICT. Where did this information come from?

Most colleges offering BTEC will not include any units that include programming.
If you want to do programming you would be better off doing A Level Computing.
Reply 3
Original post by btectutor
You are incorrect in saying that many universities don't accept A Level ICT. Where did this information come from?

Most colleges offering BTEC will not include any units that include programming.
If you want to do programming you would be better off doing A Level Computing.

really? i find that weird i learnt 2 programming languages on my BTEC as well as doing 'SW D&D' and 'Sys A&D' and i wasnt even doing the software dev pathway

and the university that i go to studying Comp Sci states that it dosent accept a level IT instead of computing, maths or physics but does accept BTEC IT that covers enough programming , A level IT seems like a bit of a dos tbf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending