The Student Room Group

What religion are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
I would say life is holding me back from following my religion. This is my fundamental belief, where God says in the Qur'an

"And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me" - [Qur'an 51:56]

I wasn't religious until about 15-16, you could look back on my posts as to when I initially actually looked into various religions. I was fairly active on the religion forums section where I gathered quite a bit of information and was able to learn quite a lot alongside various other sources, and that was around the time I first read the Qur'an for myself and made an effort to attend some classes to learn more.

It's not a matter of being forced into the religion, as although my parents are Muslim, I looked into various religions and justifications for God's existence mid-way through my teens. I believe everything in the Qu'ran, it's just that my own personal desires for the things of this world very much hold me back in terms of following properly my religion. It's quite sad for me to even admit that and at times brings me to tears but it's something I'll just have to configure by myself, God willing before it's too late.

Good luck with it brother, inshallah we will be guided to the right path and hopefully it won't be too late for us to change our ways and get on the right path so that we can say we've lived a good life and pleased our Lord when the day of judgement comes and we have to answer for all of what we've done. Scared just thinking about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
The one whom created the heavens and the earth and all that exists.

How do you know that Earth was created by someone. There are many plausible ways the earth could have arisen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
This is a false claim. God created the heavens and the earth and all that is in it. Prove otherwise.
I suggest that you read some books on cosmology, astronomy, geology, physics, biology, etc. We KNOW how the solar system, the earth, and everything on it came into being. The only thing that is not KNOWN is the exact process that led to the origin of life on earth - but we have some reasonable hypotheses.

Your claim is false, and demonstrably so.
Original post by QE2
I suggest that you read some books on cosmology, astronomy, geology, physics, biology, etc. We KNOW how the solar system, the earth, and everything on it came into being. The only thing that is not KNOWN is the exact process that led to the origin of life on earth - but we have some reasonable hypotheses.

Your claim is false, and demonstrably so.

Good proof mate
Reply 84
Original post by OMGsideboob
Scared just thinking about it
But you are only scared because you choose to believe that there is something to be scared of. It's no different to the little kid who is scared of the monster under his bed.

As Roosevelt said, paraphrasing Bacon - "We have nothing to fear but fear itself".
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 85
Good proof mate
Thanks.
The truth is out there, but you'll only find it by reading more than one book.
Original post by QE2
Thanks.
The truth is out there, but you'll only find it by reading more than one book.

not srs
Reply 87
not srs
That is a false claim.
The one whom created.....all that exists.

If God created all that exists, then that must mean God created Himself (since God comes under the set "all that exists" for the sake of the argument). But this is absurd; nothing can self-create. Therefore God doesn't exist.

Debunked.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
If God created all that exists, then that must mean God created Himself (since God comes under the set "all that exists" for the sake of the argument). But this is absurd; nothing can self-create. Therefore God doesn't exist.

Debunked.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL is that your proof or is there more?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL is that your proof or is there more?

Kidding aside, there are many atheological proofs that deal with the nature of causality and creation. I'll compile them and make a thread someday, but I wanna go to sleep now :smile:
I put other but really I just don't know. I typically go by agnostic because I don't know what I believe. I'm open to anything but I don't consider myself atheist because its not that I don't think there's a god but am open to the idea there could be one. I'm just in the middle; maybe there is a god, maybe there isn't. Depends on the day you ask me whether I'll lean slightly one way or another.
Reply 92
I have Muslim friends and they have said that Islam promotes "calmness and peace" is this true?
Original post by onderk
I do recall you saying that your not the one going around and saying that X religion is better because it has more followers :confused:

I didn't say Christianity is better.
Original post by BB1523
I have Muslim friends and they have said that Islam promotes "calmness and peace" is this true?

I advise you to take walking tours of Libya, Syria and Iraq, where you will be able to experience the calmness of the Islamic peace.
Can't believe no one has pointed this out in 5 pages: Catholics ARE Christians :tongue:
Atheism is not a religion, so i did not vote.
Original post by dozyrosie
Atheism is not a religion, so i did not vote.

And 'atheist' is not spelled 'athiest'.
Actually I belive in god- but hate to practice any religion to be honest. What does that make me??!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuthead--
Actually I belive in god- but hate to practice any religion to be honest. What does that make me??!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol, good question!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending