This discussion is closed.
kimberry50
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Despite stalking (almost) all the geography threads, I can't seem to find anything for GCSE Geography... which doesn't really help me. As exams are coming up in 2 months, I should finally begin to revise for geo but I'm stumped. I've never actually revised for geography at all so some help with how to structure my notes and some resources would be really appreciated

However, if you feel the same way as I do, we can cry together on this thread and attempt to get our geography lives back on track :P

**I'm sitting Edexcel Specification B**
loodz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sitting edexcel specification A and the best way to revise is to buy the book and write notes from it very helpful and full with everything you need to know and it only cost like £3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
kimberry50
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by loodz)
I'm sitting edexcel specification A and the best way to revise is to buy the book and write notes from it very helpful and full with everything you need to know and it only cost like £3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok thanks
what notes do you make about the various case studies? Is it the costs, benefits and implications of each one and how the economy, social and environmental aspects are affected?
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing Edexcel B too! I've got two revision books, one is called revision notes and goes over everything, the other book is a work book filled with exam questions which I occasionally go through to refresh my memory
loodz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, it might not matter now. But for each case study it's different, if you want to know exactly what you need to know for each case study, check the specification out:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_5.pdf#page21

Posted from TSR Mobile
hannahwrighttx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Completely aware this thread is four years old, but incase anyone is currently looking for the answer I'll answer it anyway.
I did my GCSEs 2 years ago and this is what I did for geography:
- Make mind maps!!
For each topic, make mind maps with sub topics and brief summary notes around them
- Case studies!!
Case studies are so so important, for each case study I made a fact file of the key information, key facts/figures, key players, costs and benefits.
I also made a table where I had each topic/sub topic and wrote which case studies I would use for that particular area
- Notes with diagrams
For theories and processes, I made sure I had notes with annotated diagrams on, the diagrams make it so much easier to understand
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads