The Student Room Group

UK Intermediate Maths Olympiad

Hi guys, I was just wondering whether someone could break down how the Olympiad (Maclaurin) is marked? Is it 10 marks per question? Plus, if anyone has any tips on how to tackle the paper, they'd be much appreciated!
Original post by SinghChan
Hi guys, I was just wondering whether someone could break down how the Olympiad (Maclaurin) is marked? Is it 10 marks per question? Plus, if anyone has any tips on how to tackle the paper, they'd be much appreciated!

Do past paper questions, they really help :smile: I think it is 10 marks per question. Don't forget to present your workings in a clear way. Good luck!
Doing this one tomorrow, slightly excited/worried. I did the Hamilton olympiad last year and got 35/60, was invited for one of the summer maths camps. I want to get higher than that this year.
Original post by BrambleGB
Doing this one tomorrow, slightly excited/worried. I did the Hamilton olympiad last year and got 35/60, was invited for one of the summer maths camps. I want to get higher than that this year.

35 is amazing, good luck this year! :biggrin:
How did anyone find them? I did the Maclaurin and answered 4 of them. Does anyone know likely thresholds?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending