The Student Room Group

Opinions needed on universities for Graphic Design?

I've applied to Bournemouth Arts, Huddersfield, Nottingham Trent, Falmouth and Bristol (UWE). I've had interviews for Huddersfield (went amazing, the interviewer was so friendly and not at all intimidating, recieved an offer on the spot), Nottingham Trent (went average, the interviewer was very intimidating and would stare at me until i asnwered his questions which put me off alot, still got on offer on the spot though) and Falmouth (another average interview, was not given an offer as I hadn't done a foundation course which they were pretty adamant on). I have an interview in Bournemouth this Thursday (19/3/15) and an interview on 15/4/15 for Bristol. I was wondering if anyone who's had interviews at either Bournemouth or Bristol could tell me how it went and what they were most interested in? And if they've recieved offers off them. Also what your opinions on the 5 unis and courses are and which you have applied to and chosen as your firm and insurance. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hi!
Ive applied for graphic design in 2015 too, i applied to Falmouth, Norwich, Bournemouth, Kingston and Brighton.
There all really good uni's! You must have had your Bournemouth interview already right? I LOVED Bournemouth, and i would have gone, but i got an unconditional from Brighton so i firmed that :biggrin:. Falmouth is apparently really good but i didn't go because it was too far for me :frown: . Heard good things about Huddersfield and NTU but not much about Bristol. You just need to go with the one you love, and pick the course thats perfect for you and nobody else (at the end of the day your studying there for 3 years and paying a HECK load of money).
Original post by WarbeyP
Hi!
Ive applied for graphic design in 2015 too, i applied to Falmouth, Norwich, Bournemouth, Kingston and Brighton.
There all really good uni's! You must have had your Bournemouth interview already right? I LOVED Bournemouth, and i would have gone, but i got an unconditional from Brighton so i firmed that :biggrin:. Falmouth is apparently really good but i didn't go because it was too far for me :frown: . Heard good things about Huddersfield and NTU but not much about Bristol. You just need to go with the one you love, and pick the course thats perfect for you and nobody else (at the end of the day your studying there for 3 years and paying a HECK load of money).

Hi!
Yeah they are all really good unis, it's such a hard choice. Yes I had my interview yesterday and it went fab! I've just recieved an offer from them! :biggrin: I would say that Bournemouth is my top choice now after revisiting it again yesterday and today. When the offer came through i actually cried haha, so happy i got a place as my friend who is in the same position as me had an interview there last week and was not given a place :frown: Falmouth was really nice but i felt like it was too far of a trip for me ( I'm from Manchester so the drive was 7 hours) so I have decided i definitely don't want to go there. Thanks for your opinion and help and good luck at Brighton!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest