Geography A level aqa 4 mark, 7 mark and 15 mark questions Watch

edward090
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have trouble structuring my answer for these types of questions and was wondering if anyone knows a structure for each type of question like intro,para 1(whats in para 1 etc) that will get me full marks?
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
edward090
Rep:
?
cheers yh I am totally new at this so i have basically no idea....
Wendikorb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is this for physical or human ??
edward090
Rep:
?
Both would be really helpful!!!
Wendikorb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you do health and coasts?
Velocity_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm getting 10/15 in my 15 markers, im not too sure if that would be good enough to reach an A in GEOG1? I really need an A in geography as a banker of a subject :P. but my issues is just i don't put enough down.
edward090
Rep:
?
I do Rivers,coasts,population change,energy
Wendikorb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I only study pop and rivers out of your 4 choices it would be a lot easier if you could send me a question just so I can structure a plan around that because it's too vague to just give a generalised plan, happy to help though!
Wendikorb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Velocity_)
I'm getting 10/15 in my 15 markers, im not too sure if that would be good enough to reach an A in GEOG1? I really need an A in geography as a banker of a subject :P. but my issues is just i don't put enough down.
If you get practically full marks in all your short questions then you might be able to achieve your A
She-Ra
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by edward090)
I have trouble structuring my answer for these types of questions and was wondering if anyone knows a structure for each type of question like intro,para 1(whats in para 1 etc) that will get me full marks?
I've moved this to geography for you
edward090
Rep:
?
cheers she-ra! and wedikorb:Physical factors are more important than human factors in affecting river discharge.
Wendikorb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just realised after writing it that I set it out as if the question would be 'physical factors are more important than human factors to what extent do you agree'

So in an introduction I would state when a flood occurs (when discharge exceeds bank full capacity) give a little bit of an intro about general stuff about floods so say physical factors are weather, vegetation and human are urbanisation etc make it no more than 3-4 lines as the introduction isn't that important it's just to set what you're going to talk about

Then because it's saying physical factors are more important than human you have the decision to choose whether you want to focus your essay on physical or human. Personally I would say physical is more important for causing river discharge

now I would bring in my first point such as circular drainage basins- discuss that and then talk about a human cause and say how It has less of a significant effect

whichever you choose to have a greater cause on river discharge you have to stick to it throughout the essay otherwise you'll lose marks

lastly, for the conclusion you will say which has the biggest impact and just quickly summarise why and maybe put a point about how it could be managed

I hope my explanation makes sense not sure if it does! I did a very similar 15 marker which was the same layout question and got 15 marks following this layout so hope it helps
edward090
Rep:
?
Thank you so much Wedikorb!!!! my teacher was mentioning something about a "critical comment" do you know what that is? if so how would you use it for this exam question?
Wendikorb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you so much Wedikorb!!!! my teacher was mentioning something about a "critical comment" do you know what that is? if so how would you use it for this exam question?
Sorry haven't heard of that! Maube it's negative evaluation? Not sure? What you aiming for in geography?
edward090
Rep:
?
Ah it's fine I think it is just my college then I really want to get an A in geography thats why I need to master the 15 mark questions. Do you mind if I get a couple of model answers for these questions so I have more model answers to look at? Also I have been told to draw a sketch or a diagram for 15 mark questions(is this right or not?)
Describe how and explain why fluvial (river) landforms change downstream
With reference to one case study, discuss the impact of flooding on people and theenvironment.
‘Soft engineering is a better river flood management strategy than hard engineering.’Discuss this view
Wendikorb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah it's fine I think it is just my college then I really want to get an A in geography thats why I need to master the 15 mark questions. Do you mind if I get a couple of model answers for these questions so I have more model answers to look at? Also I have been told to draw a sketch or a diagram for 15 mark questions(is this right or not?)
Describe how and explain why fluvial (river) landforms change downstream
With reference to one case study, discuss the impact of flooding on people and theenvironment.
‘Soft engineering is a better river flood management strategy than hard engineering.’Discuss this view
Will write up plans for the first two for you on the last one I have done it and got 15 would you like me to send it you?
edward090
Rep:
?
That would be amazing!! Thank you so much Have you already had your geography AS exams or have you yet to do them?
animalloverabh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any chance you could send them to me also please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%