Atheist/Religious Relationships Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm a strong atheist, and I'm one who respects all religions, not judging anyone I meet by their religious background. I would be just as happy dating a heavily religious girl as I would an atheist, as I wouldn't judge her on her beliefs, only her personality. If she respected other beliefs as much as her own, that would be all that would matter.
Whether you are on my side or the religious side of this debate, would you do the same?
Wait, what?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think so, being strongly atheist I don't think my personality would match with someone who was strongly religious. Even though I respect theists, I do not respect religion itself. There would be too many hurdles too, such as her family wouldn't like me (I assume, seeing as strongly religious people generally have strict religious parents) and I wouldn't want to be married in a religious ceremony.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMGsideboob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't believe in dating or relationships, no girl is worth the time or effort. But I'd have sex with any attractive woman regardless of anything, as long as the sex is good and her body is sexy, then I'm good to go. Pussy is pussy at the end of the day. Don't really care about anything else, I don't need anything from a woman apart from sex. She can believe in what she wants

Posted from TSR Mobile
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm an atheist and it would depend on how religious they were. I don't have an issue with religious people in principle, but I would have an issue if they were strongly religious to the point of it basically running their life.

Especially if it led to them being homophobic or maybe anti-science on some issues, but that is unlikely to be the case here in the UK as those are more American problems.
username1649843
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Darwin's wife was a Christian
hothedgehog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think it would be a massive problem as long as they were tolerant of my atheism (and I would likewise be tolerant of their religion). If it ever got to the point of marriage etc. then it could be problematic as I don't overly care to make vows in front of god and so on.
Antzlck
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think I could date an atheist. As I've got older my views on matters of faith and spirituality have become more important so I couldn't do it now.
schmuur
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As a Christian, no. Not because of judging an Athiest by his beliefs or saying he is any "less" ( making that clear as some people seem to get that idea of us Christians) but more that I wouldn't want to get myself so emotionally attatched to someone who wouldn't be going to heaven (if my beliefs about Heaven is true). It would be too painful to imagine, especially if we were to one day get married.
Daenerys...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If stephen hawking can get married to a christian I think you'll cope :rolleyes:
fatherdougal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
And so was Darwin
User1824259
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As long as they're not a holy joe.
username1649843
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fatherdougal)
And so was Darwin
Originally but he became atheist
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
Heck, Darwin was a Christian.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think I could ever be with an atheist tbh. It would be very difficult to be with someone who didn't share similar beliefs. Much easier to just date fellow Catholics :jebus:
username1649843
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Heck, Darwin was a Christian.
:huff:he gave it up tell you. He stoped going to church
fatherdougal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
Well he went as far as to say agnostic but not strictly atheist. And even so it was after lots of discussion with his wife about religion and morality
username1649843
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fatherdougal)
Well he went as far as to say agnostic but not strictly atheist. And even so it was after lots of discussion with his wife about religion and morality
He may not have wanted to upset her but his wife was a creationist. In anycase he'd only have been agnostic in the same sense that Dawkin's is
Jonn_Snowed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
He actually didn't.
username1649843
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jonn_Snowed)
He actually didn't.
meh
Spoiler:
Show
he did:huff:
Jonn_Snowed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
meh
Spoiler:
Show
he did:huff:
He never committed himself to Athiesm although he did move away from Religion his beliefs are more aptly described as agnostic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (109)
17.3%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.46%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (188)
29.84%

Watched Threads