The Student Room Group

Oyster Card Help!

Hey!

I am working in London next year on placement which makes me eligible for a 18+ oyster student card. I need to travel from Zone 5 to Zone 3/4 everyday (depending on weather). What is the cheapest way of doing this? :confused:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/tube-dlr-lo-18-plus-student-fares.pdf

Looking at the above the cheapest way would be for me to get a annual travelcard? Is this different to an Oyster Card? How do I get one of these?

To make things even more confusing, I currently have my 18-25 railcard attached to an oyster card I had laying around my house... can I use this on a 18+ student oyster card and how can i get it transferred from my current oyster card to the new student oyster card. I can't "log in" online as I have no idea what the e-mail or password is for it.

EDIT: just to clarify the current oyster card I am using is not stolen or anything, my parents got it way back when they first came out and as I am currently at a non-london uni I decided just to use it for the time being than sign up for a new one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending