The Student Room Group

Price of living in London?

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone studying in London could tell me how much they've put aside for everyday things... Food, alcohol, going out, uni books etc, food shopping/clothes shopping. How much do you spend a week/month?

Trying to work out if my maintenance loan is enough ya see :smile:

Thanks guys xxx
I'm living in Central, my breakdown:

Rent : £200/week
Food : £30/week
Travel: £10/week

Uni books: Initial spend was about £120

I don't drink/go out so I couldn't give an estimation. I have enough clothes from 6th form to last me through the year. However, spent £300-400 on suits and related clothing for internships.
Reply 2
Original post by priceamy
Just wondering if anyone studying in London could tell me how much they've put aside for everyday things... Food, alcohol, going out, uni books etc, food shopping/clothes shopping. How much do you spend a week/month?

Worth bearing in mind that if you're short of cash, alcohol, going out and clothes aren't "everyday things". They're luxuries that you pay for out of anything you have left after paying rent, bills, eating, staying clean and getting to/from uni.
Reply 3
Original post by Klix88
Worth bearing in mind that if you're short of cash, alcohol, going out and clothes aren't "everyday things". They're luxuries that you pay for out of anything you have left after paying rent, bills, eating, staying clean and getting to/from uni.

I didn't say I was short of cash, I just wanted to know how much people usually spend weekly whilst in uni in London so I have an idea...
Reply 4
Rent:£160, super cheap.
Food:£40, could be lower but I buy all organic.

I don't go out either so I wouldn't know.

(I hope that helps)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending