The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Changing subjects for September, is it possible?

Hey, so I might as well explain the whole situation.

I started an access course last September with the intention to study geography at university this year. I chose the "humanities" course which was meant to include geography, English literature and history. However, due to barely anyone choosing it, I had to change geography to another subject (I ended up choosing sociology).

So, obviously a few months later I had to start my UCAS application, though I still had no idea what to apply for. Being the complete idiot I am, I applied for geography anyway for no particular reason other than because I kinda liked it a few years ago when I was attempting A levels. Somehow I still got a couple of offers from Bath spa and Oxford brookes, though I have no idea why they would offer me a place when I'm not studying geography (I guess good grades are good grades, whatever the subject?).

Anyway, since then I have obviously had a load more time studying my subjects and generally enjoying them. The problem is that now I regret applying for geography SO much, I'm so annoyed at myself for applying for it. I have absolutely adored English literature throughout the year though, so now I am wondering if it would be possible to contact Oxford Brookes or Bath Spa to change my subject for this September.

It would make a huge difference, I really don't particularly want to study geography anymore.

Thanks everyone
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey! I changed subject at a different uni, but before I started (Aberystwyth before you ask). Although I did change within my department, I know somebody who moved from Botany to Maths. Drop them an email! They wont withdraw your geography offer if they say no.
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Email them and they can change your course when they make you an offer or when you get there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ABBIE09
Email them and they can change your course when they make you an offer or when you get there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:

I already did and they managed to change my offer to exactly what I wanted, so that's great. I am feeling motivated and excited about University again now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending