The Student Room Group

Failed my Functional Skills Level 2 Maths

I have my Functional Skills Level 1 Maths.
However i have Failed my level 2.

My university offers don't require me to have Maths but my college want me to get it.

Any tips? I just totally freak out when i see the questions!
And the Area and Boxes and thing's!

And damn Formulas! are so confusing!

I'll be doing Law at university.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just giving this a bump for you :h:
Original post by She-Ra
Just giving this a bump for you :h:

Thank you
Reply 3
This book was my holy grail: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Functional-Skills-Maths-Level-Practice/dp/1847628729/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427231396&sr=1-1&keywords=functional+skills+maths+level+2

Sample tests:
http://www.cityandguilds.com/qualifications-and-apprenticeships/skills-for-work-and-life/english-mathematics-and-ict-skills/3748-functional-skills-qualifications#tab=information&acc=level2

Also, work through the practice papers and correct your answers using the mark scheme paper, this will enable you to see exactly what the markers are looking for. Additionally, you have to show your working out to achieve full marks.

God luck :biggrin:

Original post by stoltguyboo
Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm struggling to pass my maths functional skills level 1 and my uni doesn't need it. I've resat the exam and I don't know how I've done. Should I just quit this course. I'm going into international development and UEL only needs 60 level 3 credits. And can do without the maths. Does that mean I'll fail the access course for not passing level 1 and 2 maths functional skills? I'm near dead with stress
do lots of practice exams from the awarding bodies websites, remember to pass Level 2 you need about 55% overall.

You can practice using the exam software before you do your real test so its less to worry about. If you're really struggling ask for a paper based exam ( results take longer to come through tho) or to sit with a different awarding body.

We use city and guilds and they are terrible. EDEXCEL are more user friendly. Good luck and ask for feedback on the areas you need to improve on based on your exam result.
Original post by stoltguyboo
I have my Functional Skills Level 1 Maths.
However i have Failed my level 2.

My university offers don't require me to have Maths but my college want me to get it.

Any tips? I just totally freak out when i see the questions!
And the Area and Boxes and thing's!

And damn Formulas! are so confusing!

I'll be doing Law at university.

Awww I know can be very nerve racking. I’m the same. I’ve just done a level 1 but will have to wait few more weeks yet so see if I’ve passed or not . Do lots of past paper practise tests that you can print off online.......practise more on the things you struggle with, and keep going over them . keep at it. I’m sure you will get through it . All the best
Original post by Mazzahaywood51
Awww I know can be very nerve racking. I’m the same. I’ve just done a level 1 but will have to wait few more weeks yet so see if I’ve passed or not . Do lots of past paper practise tests that you can print off online.......practise more on the things you struggle with, and keep going over them . keep at it. I’m sure you will get through it . All the best

Just to point out the thread is 3 years old, so hopefully he has passed by now. GL with yours.
Omg I didn’t even look stupid me lol lol. Yes hopefully he’s all sorted by now. Thankyou though for the heads up x 🙂
Hi, quite understand- looks like I may be heading that way too. I always try to remember-never give up-it's worth it to persevere and take each question step by step and break it down to manageable portions. Good luck!
This is my 2nd year of taking level 2 functional maths and I Need it as a conditional offer at my chosen uni for Nursing. I'm absolutely crap and my mind just goes blank and I end up panicking. Any other tips/advice would be great as I feel I've just completed my 2yr access course all for nothing if I don't get it this time round. I've got mainly distinctions throughout the entire course it's just the dreaded maths 😖😩
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi yes breaking down the maths work helps thank you for your great advice.
Hi Sian, I'm going through the same 🙈🙈🙈Want to do nursing im good with courses and exams i dint mind, ive dine Anatomy and Physiology and love all subjects but maths is just hettibgbme down. Just read your story, really do hope you eventually passed. Would love to hear how you did it in the end. I did my level one maths 10 years ago and I really found it hard. I applied for level 2 maths and didn't even get past the 1st pageI found my notes and print outs today seems like I just have up. I'm thinking about giving it a second go now but the funny thing is I've although I past level 1 maths all that time ago I can't remember a damn thing 😭😭😭So now it looks like I've got to do my level one all over again and then try my level 2 🤦🏽*♀️ Again hope you passed would love some tips if anyone has any xx
Hi Sian, I'm going through the same 🙈🙈🙈Want to do nursing im good with courses and exams i dint mind, ive dine Anatomy and Physiology and love all subjects but maths is just hettibgbme down. Just read your story, really do hope you eventually passed. Would love to hear how you did it in the end. I did my level one maths 10 years ago and I really found it hard. I applied for level 2 maths and didn't even get past the 1st pageI found my notes and print outs today seems like I just have up. I'm thinking about giving it a second go now but the funny thing is I've although I past level 1 maths all that time ago I can't remember a damn thing So now it looks like I've got to do my level one all over again and then try my level 2 🤦🏽*♀️ Again hope you passed would love some tips if anyone has any xx
Do edexcel! I literally taught myself in 4 weeks and passed xx

Quick Reply

Latest