The Student Room Group

Anyone here studying CS at Southampton/Newcastle/Leeds?

Hello guys,
I am an international student and struggling to make a decision between these universities: University of Southampton, Newcastle University and University of Leeds. I have a few questions and would be really thankful if you could help me with some advice.
1. I came from a humble background and wondering if I'll be able to take a part-time job during the uni so I could make ends meet.
2. Which accommodation do you think is more suitable in terms of price ?
Reply 1
Southampton is definitely better than the other two. I really enjoyed their open day, and was my firm choice last year, offer was AAA. But got 3A* instead and decided to apply for adjustment, ended up in Bristol. Should have applied to Bristol the first time around since they have similar requirement with Southampton lol. I also applied to Leeds, and open day was nice, we got to design a Kinect-based UI using Java. Was going to make it my insurance but the city life just puts me off. Ended up insuring Manchester instead. Didn't apply or even considered Newcastle, I heard there are lot of rich kids there.

Couldn't comment with part-time but doing part-time during your study will lead you to have less friends and will probably force you to skip few classes. Also for accommodation, I know that you can put up to 3 or 5 of your prefer accommodation, but it is pretty much random for most people.
Perhaps if you have certain medical condition, that would be an exception.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Wow, thanks! I didn't know I could apply for adjustment. Now I'm thinking about going to St Andrews or something like that if that would be possible.
Original post by Cybrooke
Wow, thanks! I didn't know I could apply for adjustment. Now I'm thinking about going to St Andrews or something like that if that would be possible.

St. Andrews don't do adjustment or clearing.

I'm possibly looking into Durham, Bath, Bristol and Warwick for adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending