The Student Room Group

AQA HIS3M (The Making of Modern Britain) Thread

Hello!

I'm taking the HIS3M exam for History GCE at A2 - I imagine other people are too and, after seeing a really old post on TSR, thought it might be nice for the next generation to share some ideas... or just emotions! This exam has genuinely killed me off - too much content, confusing practice essays, countless synoptic links and a genuinely unorganised textbook. What do you think?

Just getting onto the end of the course now - so should be starting revision soon. Yes! Now I can look back over everything I haven't properly learnt and cry! Or maybe I'll do alright, who knows?

and... it's nice to meet you! Hopefully I can communicate with an online community of supportive people around the country, who are in the exact same, tiny, unstable boat as me!

- Jordan
I'm doing this too. Just finished ThatcheLasim just categorising each section into
successes and failures of each govt

Elections

Continuity and change

Reasons for major events
Reply 2
I'm doing this exam, completely agree with the textbook being unorganised...it never seems to get me top marks and it's split into weird parts. There doesn't seem to be an order. Anyway what I'm doing for revision is looking at past answers and for politics splitting each government into successes and failures.
Any idea of what might come up?

Quick Reply

Latest