The Student Room Group

Sending friend request to an ex teacher?

I'm in year 13 and am 18 and one of my teachers left the school I go to last year and I've been thinking about maybe adding him on facebook but I'm not sure if it would seem weird?
Different teachers will have their own policies when it comes to accepting friend requests from former students.

The majority will accept though from my experience, provided you got on with them of course! :tongue:
It depends. I have two of my head of years on Facebook, they add pretty much everyone. If I didn't have any mutual friends I went to school with I probably wouldn't add them.
Reply 3
Do you fancy him? I'm wondering why it's a big issue to ask on a forum unless you fancy him. It's only facebook after all.
Each teacher/school had different policies around Facebook, some of my teachers are all for it, like my English teacher I has when I was younger added me the day I left sixth form! But I tried to add another teacher the other day (we were fairly close and all) and I think she blocked me...which is mortifying for me now so I understand your dilemma just go for it,
I always wondered this, I was good friends with one of the receptionists as she helped me through a load of stuff at high school, now I've been gone two years I have been debating if I should add her of Facebook or not. I'm sure they must know the rules and will act on them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending