The Student Room Group

How to get over someone?

So there's a girl I live with at school this year (I go to boarding school); she's my neighbour and we've got pretty close. She's my best friend and she's been there for me through a lot this year; depression and anxiety and panic attacks, as well as some other stuff. She's incredible.

Thing is though, at some point over the course of this year, I started to like her. A lot. I'm not really sure when it happened, but it did.

I don't know where to go from here; although she's bi (like me) I know for a fact she's not interested in me, and added to this is the fact that I'm going to be moving away to the UK for college next year, while she's going to college out in Nashville. She has a boyfriend, who she talks about - a lot - which is difficult, and she's one of the most tactile people ever, with everyone. It's just a part of who she is, but her constantly kissing my cheek and cuddling me and holding my hand makes things pretty difficult.

Were such
Reply 1
Sorry I hit send too early

So I'm 17 and a girl, there's a girl I live with at school this year (I go to boarding school); she's my neighbour and we've got pretty close. She's my best friend and she's been there for me through a lot this year; depression and anxiety and panic attacks, as well as some other stuff. She's incredible.

Thing is though, at some point over the course of this year, I started to like her. A lot. I'm not really sure when it happened, but it did. (She knows I'm bi)

I don't know where to go from here; although she's bi (like me) I know for a fact she's not interested in me, and added to this is the fact that I'm going to be moving away to the UK for college next year, while she's going to college out in Nashville. She has a boyfriend, who she talks about - a lot - which is difficult, and she's one of the most tactile people ever, with everyone. It's just a part of who she is, but her constantly kissing my cheek and cuddling me and holding my hand makes things pretty difficult.

Were such close friends though, I don't want to lose that. How do I get over her without distancing myself?
Reply 2
I'm not a great person to give advice as I'm currently having an affair but this situation I don't think you have to do anything to get over her. If you're moving far away then you'll move on - out of sight really will be out of mind, you'll have loads going on and meeting loads of people and having new experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending