The Student Room Group

The Inbetweeners: still cool or so yesterday?

I really love Da Inbetweeners. I regularly watch the dvds but I was wondering, is it just considered old nowadays? Or does it still have relevance in da hood?
Inbetweeners 2 killed it.
I still watch the series as and when, never gets old really. Like the IT crowd.
Reply 3
Great series.

Though if you watch it based on whether other people think its still cool, then your very much not cool.
Original post by Rakas21
Great series.

Though if you watch it based on whether other people think its still cool, then your very much not cool.

Didn't you think the second film ruined it all a bit though?
Reply 5
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Didn't you think the second film ruined it all a bit though?

The second film never happened, much like series 9 of HIMYM. To say otherwise is herecy.
I didn't even know there was an Inbetweeners 2 movie until reading this thread :colondollar:
Inbetweeners is an absolute cult classic like Napolean Dynamite or The Office (UK version of course).
Original post by ImNotSuperman
I didn't even know there was an Inbetweeners 2 movie until reading this thread :colondollar:

Wow you must have been living under a rock? :biggrin:
Reply 9
It's a very Year 9 thing to watch.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I really love Da Inbetweeners. I regularly watch the dvds but I was wondering, is it just considered old nowadays? Or does it still have relevance in da hood?

It’s still cool I’ve watched it all the way through three times now and it never gets old. I’m still sat there laughing every time
i'm gonna feel so bloody old when some kid on TSR asks "what is this show, The Inbetweeners?"
Dunno. Never thought it was cool. Just hilarious. But yeah I prob wouldn't find it funny just because issa bit outdated. I'm all laughed out. I remember I laughed myself to death the first time I saw each episode and film because the scenarios were shocking but like the dirty jokes and sex fails wouldn't be funny anymore. It's very as someone said year 9 toilet banter.

If I was seeing it for the first time in 2020 still I'd laugh.
I never watched it. If it's anything like the ****ty Ladbrokes advert one of the 'stars' from that show acts in, I don't think I'd like it.
Original post by Arkasia
It's a very Year 9 thing to watch.

Pretending you’re mature doesn’t make you cool mate
still a great show no matter how many times i rewatch it really
Yeah I agree, I still enjoy it as much as I did when I first watched it so long ago. I watched all 18 episodes and 2 films again about 6 months ago and loved it. Some shows never get old. The American version on the other hand is a train wreck. Don’t go near that.
could rewatch it to this day
Inbetweeners never gets old.

Quick Reply

Latest