The Student Room Group

Would you marry a feminist?

Scroll to see replies

Would I marry someone that believes both men and women should be equal?
Well, yeah.
Original post by mollymadworld
People need to be educated on what a feminist is,
Feminism used to be cool, in about the 1980's when a class of students was asked whether or not they were feminist they said that they were, because people understood what feminism was. That it was a fight for equality.
Nowadays feminism is seen as some sort of men hating cult.
NO. STOP. EDUCATE YOURSELVES BEFORE YOU COME COMMENTING ON SOME THREAD.

How patronising...some people don't wish to be associated with feminism as they don't believe the modern movements goals actually represent true gender equallity. Some people would rather identify as egalitarianist as they don't see how a movenment that only represents one genders intrests can fight for gender equality. Some people disagree with positive discrimination. Some people disagree with strict government regulation in general.

Ironic how your telling other people to get an education when prehaps it is you who needs to get an education on why people disagree with modern feminism instead of making broad generalisations to suit your world views. Also prehaps you should support policies because there fair rather than 'cool'.
Interesting options for the poll. I wouldn't want to marry a feminist but presumably if I loved them that wouldn't matter
Original post by TurtleberrySoup
Equal rights for women = equal rights with men = gender equality. It's the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that were what it were.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending