Access student starting Biomed in Sept Watch

Lau85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there.
I am 29 and am half way through my Access course.
I've offers for Cellular and Molecular at Bristol, Biomed at UWE and declined from Cardiff. I'm still waiting to hear from Exeter and Bath.
Anyone else in a similar position?
Lx

Posted from TSR Mobile
david.willis90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm currently studying access to HE diploma science (biology, chemistry and mathematics). I've recently received offers to UoBath, Exeter, UoBristol and UoNottingham for a similar department - biochemistry. Bath requested an additional reference for me asking how I was achieving, currently destinations in all modules apart from 1 merit. I sent my ucas application in just before Christmas so you should hear shortly!
Lau85
Rep:
?
Congratulations on your offers! What have Exeter asked for grade-wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
david.willis90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks man, I'm sure it wont take long for you to receive your offers. Exeter wanted the lowest requiring, 33 merits, 12 in chemistry and biology. Then Nottingham with 6 distinctions in chemistry and biology.
Lau85
Rep:
?
Wow I want an offer from them desperately! My offer from Bristol is for 30 distinctions and 15 merits. I am on target but would be nice if Exeter offered slightly lower. I'm working full time and a single mum so I'm knackered!
I won't have to work when I'm at uni hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
linnyloo87
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm halfway through an access to pharmacy and biomedical science. I've firmed hertfordshire for biomed. Anyone else itching to finish the access course? Especially the chemistry units!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by linnyloo87)
I'm halfway through an access to pharmacy and biomedical science. I've firmed hertfordshire for biomed. Anyone else itching to finish the access course? Especially the chemistry units!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Linnyloo,

Great to hear you have made us your firm choice. We look forward to welcoming you in September!

Lulu
linnyloo87
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
Hi Linnyloo,

Great to hear you have made us your firm choice. We look forward to welcoming you in September!

Lulu
Thank you im really excited I was wondering if you could tell me when you find out about accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you im really excited I was wondering if you could tell me when you find out about accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are able to apply for accommodation once you receive an offer of a place of study at University of Hertfordshire. Have a look at our website for more information. You can apply online - http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/accommodation/how-to-apply

Lulu
linnyloo87
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
You are able to apply for accommodation once you receive an offer of a place of study at University of Hertfordshire. Have a look at our website for more information. You can apply online - http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/accommodation/how-to-apply

Lulu
Thanks ive already applied just was more wondering when offers of accommodation are made?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lau85
Rep:
?
Yes Linny - the chemistry needs to be over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks ive already applied just was more wondering when offers of accommodation are made?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should be when you receive your results! Here's a little bit more information about accommodation- which should hopefully help: http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/accommodation

Rosanna
linnyloo87
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lau85)
Yes Linny - the chemistry needs to be over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It really does I'm hating organic chemistry right now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lau85
Rep:
?
Ditto. We are dealing with fuel etc - boy stuff. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
linnyloo87
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lau85)
Ditto. We are dealing with fuel etc - boy stuff. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol we are doing a 19 page organic exam next week all on the naming drawing them sn1&2 e1&2 reactions and polymers! Did you do a unit on moles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (119)
58.91%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
4.95%
No- I want it (57)
28.22%
No- I don't want it (16)