The Student Room Group

I want to move out

Hi guys
Basically... I haven't been getting along with my parents. My mother is quite manipulative and passive aggressive. She's "perfect and Shes always right and I'm wrong". She also has anger issues and is very childish whereby she starts crying and telling my father how rude I was to her. Granted I am quite cheeky and she knows which buttons to push causing me to lash out.
Whenever this happens my father gets mad, stating im the cause of their problems, and how much iv already out hem through. As I was engaged n called it off. I'm not sure whether he's bluffing or if my ex fiancé really had told everyone about our physical relationship, but he starts saying how disgusted he is by the things I've done as they haven't brouhht me up in that way.
As we are quite well off and have a good reputation in the community, there's no one I can really talk to. My brothers and I are quite close as we kind of rely on each other.
Two days ago i did the hoovering the cooking, the cleaning and the ironing. And still mother complained. I feel like she's killing me from the inside out. It resulted in me cutting myself again, after about a year or two.
I was meant to go out today with some friends, just as I was getting my shoes on he said I can't as he mentioned on Monday that I was grounded for the week. He started off by saying how I'm disrespectful to my mum. And as usual mentioned the engagement and ex fiancé. My brother intervened and said how my father loses track and doesn't stick to the point. If I had something like that I would have got sworn at or blackmailed but somehow he gets away with it. Mother came home n saw me in tears, instead of telling father that he should let me go out and leave me alone. She starts saying how she agrees with him and I'm a hopeless case and she has to live with it. As I said I know sometimes I'm disrespectful but I find it hard to like her when she does these sly things. She comes into my room, acting like she's done nothing wrong and asks what's happened and why I'm smirking at her. Father overhears and starts asking why I'm doing that. Again my brother stepped in and said that I said or did nothing to her and for everyone to leave me be.
I've now decided I want to move out. Iv searched a few places but they're ridicukously expensive. I was hoping someone could give me some tips or suggestions on where and how to look. How to rent? Where to live? How to pay? Etc. Also, I'm moving out without them knowing so I cannot ask them for money.
I apologise for the rant...
Reply 1
Original post by Little_missy01
x

How old are you? Do you have a job?
I'm 23
And I'm a supply teacher
So I dont earn that much as they only call me as and of when they need me

Original post by Ezisola
How old are you? Do you have a job?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Little_missy01
I'm 23
And I'm a supply teacher
So I dont earn that much as they only call me as and of when they need me

You might struggle to rent a place on your own then. Bf?
how come you don't try and get a full time job also have your siblings moved out
Original post by karl pilkington
how come you don't try and get a full time job also have your siblings moved out

They're all younger than me and still studying so no they haven't
A full time job wasn't something I wanted to do but will have to consider it now
Original post by Ezisola
You might struggle to rent a place on your own then. Bf?

Recently broke up with him
Original post by Gott
We don't no where you live so we can't recomend a particular area. It completely depends on your means of course. Do you think you'll be able to find something more regular/permanent in teaching?

In the north west
I'll have to ask and see what they have
But even then it will be a while till I save up enough
Original post by Gott
Are you thinking of buying or renting?

Renting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending