H.i
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys

Im really struggling with my psychology revision, i find that its kinda overwhelming and i don't know where to start, which is really stressing me out as the exams are not that far away and I'm afraid i won't be able to cover everything in detail. I was wondering how you guys found it best and most effective to revise for psychology and generally just what you did to prepare yourself, i need all the advice i can get! :confused:
rebeccar16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing the same course as you, and i've only just started revising too. What I did for GCSE science subjects was make notes/mind maps on every topic of each unit and then do a practice paper at the end of each unit which helped a lot. In the Easter I'm going to do loads of past papers, the thing I struggle with the most is remembering names of the researchers and their studies, to help me remember this I use the app Quizlet where you can make flashcards etc. That's my way of revising How long do you revise for each subject per week?
H.i
Rep:
?
Okay thank you so much! I'm aiming to do 2-3 hours a night Tuesday-Friday and 6 hours Sat,Sun and Monday (I have mondays off as I' only doing three A-levels), which is about 28 hours a week so I'll probably spend 18 hrs on Psychology as that my weak subject and 10 hrs on Business studies. My last A-level is Btec Law so its only coursework, which i do in my free lessons. What about you?
rebeccar16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by H.i)
Okay thank you so much! I'm aiming to do 2-3 hours a night Tuesday-Friday and 6 hours Sat,Sun and Monday (I have mondays off as I' only doing three A-levels), which is about 28 hours a week so I'll probably spend 18 hrs on Psychology as that my weak subject and 10 hrs on Business studies. My last A-level is Btec Law so its only coursework, which i do in my free lessons. What about you?
Are you doing A2? and i'm thinking of doing 5 hours a week per subject (20 hours in total) 2 hours on school days, and 5 hours on weekends. In the Easter holidays i'm going to do about 40 hours a week. I finish around 4.30 almost everyday! In my breaks at college I focus on homework rather than revision. I thought i'd love psychology but it just all seems to be focussed on researchers etc which makes it boring at times.
xabsx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd like to aim for 5 hours per subject, even though I'm only doing 3, but I don't even look at the time. Even though it's good to revise constantly but sometimes revising when motivated is more helpful then forcing yourself to, by forcing I don't mean giving up watching TV for revision I mean mentally forcing yourself.
I have a page per subject stating the facts of that study and evaluation points, that's the worst bit for me, I never remember evaluation!
H.i
Rep:
?
(Original post by rebeccar16)
Are you doing A2? and i'm thinking of doing 5 hours a week per subject (20 hours in total) 2 hours on school days, and 5 hours on weekends. In the Easter holidays i'm going to do about 40 hours a week. I finish around 4.30 almost everyday! In my breaks at college I focus on homework rather than revision. I thought i'd love psychology but it just all seems to be focussed on researchers etc which makes it boring at times.
No I'm in AS but I'm really struggling with psychology its my worst subject i got an E in my mock in december so thats why i want to do so many hours of revision. I feel nothing has gone in since the start of the year because i didn't enjoy the subject i didn't put that much effort in to ensure that i understood everything i was taught in the lessons. So now i having to go over everything and actually learn it instead of revising it, which is why I'm aiming for so many hours
H.i
Rep:
?
(Original post by xabsx)
I'd like to aim for 5 hours per subject, even though I'm only doing 3, but I don't even look at the time. Even though it's good to revise constantly but sometimes revising when motivated is more helpful then forcing yourself to, by forcing I don't mean giving up watching TV for revision I mean mentally forcing yourself.
I have a page per subject stating the facts of that study and evaluation points, that's the worst bit for me, I never remember evaluation!
Yeah I'm just finishing my cue cards for the studies, i also find it difficult to remember all the studies. How many studies are you doing, my teacher has given me a list with 36 studies for unit 1 and i haven't got the list for unit 2 yet but I'm just hoping that I'll be able to remember all of them.

And yeah i know what you mean i find that when i force myself to revise i just end up sitting at my desk doing nothing for hours until i give up because i can't concentrate. But other times i get home from college is revise for like 5 hours it just depends of my mood
xabsx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by H.i)
Yeah I'm just finishing my cue cards for the studies, i also find it difficult to remember all the studies. How many studies are you doing, my teacher has given me a list with 36 studies for unit 1 and i haven't got the list for unit 2 yet but I'm just hoping that I'll be able to remember all of them.

And yeah i know what you mean i find that when i force myself to revise i just end up sitting at my desk doing nothing for hours until i give up because i can't concentrate. But other times i get home from college is revise for like 5 hours it just depends of my mood
36 studies?! I have no idea how many studies I actually have but average 2-3 per topic, in unit 2 the same except for individual differences where i don't have any and I haven't even started the stress models yet. I basically live on past papers and mark schemes, I've wrote a 12 mark question for each topic based on mark schemes so I am prepared but it also helps me remember the details in order, from doing that I went from a B/C in past papers to A's
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (20)
9.17%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (132)
60.55%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
13.76%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (31)
14.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.29%

Watched Threads