Possible reforms for torts? Watch

spurs9393
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi, for my GCSE Law exam I need to be able to discuss some possible reforms to torts. However, I can't seem to find any for negligence, occupiers liability, nuisance or trespass to the person/land. Has anyone got any ideas for any of these topics? Thanks
spurs9393
Rep:
?
Bump....

Posted from TSR Mobile
mishieru07
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by spurs9393)
hi, for my GCSE Law exam I need to be able to discuss some possible reforms to torts. However, I can't seem to find any for negligence, occupiers liability, nuisance or trespass to the person/land. Has anyone got any ideas for any of these topics? Thanks
I honestly don't know what level of knowledge you have, and I'm not sure what you mean by "possible reforms to torts" (I'm guessing you mean areas of tort law that aren't satisfactory at present) but what about things like the standard of care (ie Bolam and Bolitho), or the wrongful life/ wrongful birth for negligence? For nuisance, you could look at the debate in Coventry v Lawrence (eg should injunctions be the default remedy, how easily should the courts be willing to award damages in lieu, impact of planning permission).
spurs9393
Rep:
?
(Original post by mishieru07)
I honestly don't know what level of knowledge you have, and I'm not sure what you mean by "possible reforms to torts" (I'm guessing you mean areas of tort law that aren't satisfactory at present) but what about things like the standard of care (ie Bolam and Bolitho), or the wrongful life/ wrongful birth for negligence? For nuisance, you could look at the debate in Coventry v Lawrence (eg should injunctions be the default remedy, how easily should the courts be willing to award damages in lieu, impact of planning permission).
Bu reforms I meant criticisms of the the current laws

Posted from TSR Mobile
mishieru07
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by spurs9393)
Bu reforms I meant criticisms of the the current laws

Posted from TSR Mobile
All of the areas I mentioned are pretty contentious, so you could definitely look into any one of them.
spurs9393
Rep:
?
(Original post by mishieru07)
All of the areas I mentioned are pretty contentious, so you could definitely look into any one of them.
Ok thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate