girls would you sleep with/go out with this man Watch

Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
\Not meant to be nasty but girls would you sleep with dat this guys bearing in mind he also has cerebral palsy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31923337
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I find him attractive.
Stefano93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Kind of a weird question to ask, no?
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are suggesting that having cerebral pulsy would work against RJ in terms of attracting women, and this is exactly the stigma that he is trying to minimise. I watched a programme that he appeared on and I think he's fantastic. He's a bright young man, and his intentions, when working with numerous charities, can make a great difference to attitudes towards 'disabilities'. I have nothing against him, and the fact that he has cerebral pulsy does not make him any less worthy to me.
Tash28
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I think he's cute
channies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's beaut

Posted from TSR Mobile
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, he's a very good looking man, and judging by this one video, pretty well spoken and inspiring. So yeah, I probably would date him
Kangie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Emily.97)
You are suggesting that having cerebral pulsy would work against RJ in terms of attracting women, and this is exactly the stigma that he is trying to minimise. I watched a programme that he appeared on and I think he's fantastic. He's a bright young man, and his intentions, when working with numerous charities, can make a great difference to attitudes towards 'disabilities'. I have nothing against him, and the fact that he has cerebral pulsy does not make him any less worthy to me.
Exactly. He was fantastic in Breaking Bad.
battycatlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No because I'm not straight.

BUT, I did have a casual fling with a girl with cerebral palsy.

If I'm attracted to you, I'm attracted to you, end of story.
Emily.97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Exactly. He was fantastic in Breaking Bad.
Definitely, although I'm not talking about Breaking Bad specifically. It was a daytime talk show where he was promoting the campaigns he is taking part in.
Libbie-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's a total babe and seems lovely - of course I would.
AAgrace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, he is attractive if that is what you are asking.

I wouldn't go out with somebody who's disability would affect my quality of life though. I have a very disabled sibling who is a huge strain on my parents' quality of life. They had never planned to be carers, but they are - despite how miserable they are. I have seen my mother suffer horribly with depression and stress over the years. My brother's condition is much more severe than than RJ's though. He is 24 and incontinent - just one example of how cohabiting with a severe disability is a huge challenge.

Many people can cope with the challenges of having a disabled loved one. I admire them very much, as I admire my parent's struggles with even the most basic of challenges. I could not do that. I'd have to if it was my child, but I couldn't choose to live that life. It is not wrong to know my own capabilities in this way.
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily.97)
No it's a statement of fact a lot of girls would be put off by him being disabled I was just wondering to what extent.
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
(Original post by AAgrace)
Yes, he is attractive if that is what you are asking.

I wouldn't go out with somebody who's disability would affect my quality of life though. I have a very disabled sibling who is a huge strain on my parents' quality of life. They had never planned to be carers, but they are - despite how miserable they are. I have seen my mother suffer horribly with depression and stress over the years. My brother's condition is much more severe than than RJ's though. He is 24 and incontinent - just one example of how cohabiting with a severe disability is a huge challenge.

Many people can cope with the challenges of having a disabled loved one. I admire them very much, as I admire my parent's struggles with even the most basic of challenges. I could not do that. I'd have to if it was my child, but I couldn't choose to live that life. It is not wrong to know my own capabilities in this way.
No i was asking if you would actually sleep with him and date him. Also sorry to hear about your brother does he have CP aswell?
Emily.97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
No it's a statement of fact a lot of girls would be put off by him being disabled I was just wondering to what extent.
Do you know this for sure?
Even if it was the case, my point still remains. We shouldn't be making posts that are encouraging, or even discussing that negative stigma attached to disabilities- we should be focusing on reducing such a behaviour, and thus acknowledge the work that RJ is doing.
LivngForSummer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's hot, so yes.
RosaSparkles
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah
katbob
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. His eyebrows are too hairy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (64)
67.37%
Jeremy Hunt (31)
32.63%

Watched Threads