The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Jim Arnold
And we would have creamed you in Fairbairns if you'd entered.
(I get the feeling the rest of my posts on TSR are going to reference the Fairbairns results - at least until bumps)

When you say "we" do you mean the 1sts or 2nds?
Reply 221
Why are there so many boaties on TSR!

Football is the way forward...
Big Y
When you say "we" do you mean the 1sts or 2nds?

Both, naturally.
Reply 223
People do quit rowing. But generally they do it after their first term (i.e. now, for you guys) or carry on doing low-commitment boats, trying to get out and then being dragged in to sub forever and ever. :wink: I reckon you can escape after novice term (and I know plenty of people who do) but once you've done a term of senior rowing, they own your soul.

And if you use "I can't, I have rowing" as an excuse too often you lose non-boatie friends. So do both! :biggrin:
Boaties do that awful "if you don't come then 7 other people can't go out" thing. Firstly, saying things like that is horrible and guilt-trippy and not a way to treat your friends. Secondly, most of the time it's a lie.

MB
Actually did an hour of ergs today, in the last hour before my gym shut. As in, I was shooed out of the door by the gym assistants. What's wrong with me?!
Nothing!!
Reply 227
musicbloke
Boaties do that awful "if you don't come then 7 other people can't go out" thing. Firstly, saying things like that is horrible and guilt-trippy and not a way to treat your friends. Secondly, most of the time it's a lie.

MB

Not really, most of the time you can't find a sub at 6:45am (I've tried). And pissing your crew about is just poor teamwork, really. We always tried our best to arrange outings around people's other commitments, but if you want to row, you have to accept that you're part of an VIII and you need to stick with them.

Ditting Suck - everything.
Jim Arnold
We creamed you in Fairbairns :biggrin:. Just saying.

Well considering that we had a total of 5 hours together on the water as a complete VIII, I would say that our placing was rather good.

And before you even think about gloating again, try comparing your times with those of Fitz and Jesus...

Just saying :biggrin:
Helenia
Ditting Suck - everything.

:frown:
swntzu
Well considering that we had a total of 5 hours together on the water as a complete VIII, I would say that our placing was rather good.

And before you even think about gloating again, try comparing your times with those of Fitz and Jesus...

Just saying :biggrin:
Touché. I'm willing to overlook Fitz, Jesus, Trinity (sorry to the Trinity person I abused earlier, didn't notice F&T on the list), CCAT, and everyone else who crushed us. :redface:

Ditting Suck - that is impressively dedicated. So yeah, hats off to you. If anyone calls you obsessive or unstable, just ignore them and go do an erg instead.
Reply 231
7/8 of the Jesus Novice Mens' 1st are quitting :frown:
Apagg
7/8 of the Jesus Novice Mens' 1st are quitting :frown:

That's good to know :p:
Reply 233
Ditting Suck
That's good to know :p:

Our 2nds will be more than enough to take down Johns though, don't worry :wink:
For anyone who got a framed matriculation photograph, how on earth did you hang it up without the string poking out over the top? The hooks they provide are ridiculous.

Latest