How much would this repair cost

Watch
SwollenRugbyBall
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've got a dent in my car after this idiot driving a coach rammed into my parked VW Passat. Second pic has white bits from their car but ignored that as I've rubbed that off but look at this dent. I've also got into on the drivers side but not as bad.
Attached files
domonict
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I assume that you will get this done through insurance?

i would as a shunt like that can bend other parts of the chassis that you cannot see. A decent body shop will be able to check it out and fix it. Don't worry about the cost if the other party is paying.

if not, it might be cheaper to get tow scrap (same colour) doors from a scrap yard but get someone to check the rest of it

car body work is pretty costly and it is possible that the repair is more expensive than the worth

edit- just seen that the cills are damaged
SwollenRugbyBall
Rep:
?
The guy drove off it was outside my work but it's going to be hard to track him down.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Unlikey that this will pull out. The metal will have stretched too much. You're looking at the cost of a new door and having it painted.
1k would be my estimate.

Then again, it may not be that much if the dent isn't too deep - not easy to tell from photo's!
username239687
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get it properly evaluated. My car suffered a nasty rear end which apart from a buckled rear wheel, for the most part looked superficial. Turns out there was £9k of damage as all of the suspension needed replaced. Better safe than sorry with stuff like this.
I'm your friend
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I could do that for £450. I'm a vehicle body shop repairer apprentice and my boss would charge about 1 K for that but I'd do it for £450. are you local?
SwollenRugbyBall
Rep:
?
I live West London.
shaymarriott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by I'm your friend)
I could do that for £450. I'm a vehicle body shop repairer apprentice and my boss would charge about 1 K for that but I'd do it for £450. are you local?
How can you quote off a couple of photos? You have no idea of any further or underlying damage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.11%
I'm not sure (59)
4.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (385)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (645)
49.2%

Watched Threads