The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

New BSc Finance at LSE

Scroll to see replies

Seems like there's competition for Wharton now.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by JediHamster
Seems like there's competition for Wharton now.

Which only means that this programme will be one of the most competitive at LSE.
Reply 3
Original post by benq
Which only means that this programme will be one of the most competitive at LSE.

Interesting, Year 1 and 2 are very similar to Acc & Finance course. Year 3 is very different. I think it will be very competitive.
I have an offer for A & F and definitely thinking of taking some of those third year courses. Thanks useful info. I would switch if I could but it won't be offered til 2016.
There could also be some huge rivalry between Econ and Finance students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
^why do you think this will be so competitive? Do you think more than straight Econ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think demanding Further Maths A-level is a but much. Finance doesn't traditionally have the requirement to be so taxing mathematically. LSE's Finance degree is essentially an Economics, or Financial Economics degree, so it's a bit misleading.
Reply 7
Original post by Exceptional
I think demanding Further Maths A-level is a but much. Finance doesn't traditionally have the requirement to be so taxing mathematically. LSE's Finance degree is essentially an Economics, or Financial Economics degree, so it's a bit misleading.

Isn't it just preferred?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Isn't it just preferred?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes because not all sixth forms/colleges teach FM. Implying that it's strongly recommended, and at that, also needing to achieve a minimum grade A if you've done it at AS, suggests that most candidates on the course are likely to have it as a subject.
Reply 9
Original post by Exceptional
Yes because not all sixth forms/colleges teach FM. Implying that it's strongly recommended, and at that, also needing to achieve a minimum grade A if you've done it at AS, suggests that most candidates on the course are likely to have it as a subject.

Do you think you'd be able to get in with only FM AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Do you think you'd be able to get in with only FM AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do, if you have an A.
The course looks epic! It will become more competitive than Economics as most Economics students want to become investment bankers but this Finance course is perfect for that!
Do you think the competitiveness of BSC Economics will go down as a result of this course being introduced?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSpringer20
The course looks epic! It will become more competitive than Economics as most Economics students want to become investment bankers but this Finance course is perfect for that!

Excellent LSE course and the requirement for further maths is essential. I think the investment banks will put these graduates in high demand as more synthetic derivative products involving options and futures are developed. I think it will be highly competitive.
Original post by Harry7777
Excellent LSE course and the requirement for further maths is essential. I think the investment banks will put these graduates in high demand as more synthetic derivative products involving options and futures are developed. I think it will be highly competitive.

I agree, I think I will apply to this course instead of economics.
LSE just made me happier.
Original post by Imperion

hi, i am so sorry to hi jack your post, could you please do me a big favour and help me check for grammar mistake in a short letter? (2 mins max)

Thank you so much :colondollar:
Original post by dawgnut
hi, i am so sorry to hi jack your post, could you please do me a big favour and help me check for grammar mistake in a short letter? (2 mins max)

Thank you so much :colondollar:

Ah okay. Feel free to PM me. :smile:
Original post by Imperion

What does BSc mean?
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
What does BSc mean?

Bachelor of Science

Quick Reply

Latest