The Student Room Group

Is NCS good? Is it alright for shy/quiet people?

Have any of you done the NCS programme? Did you like it? Are there any shy people who did it and liked it? And also, is there anything like a graduation party at the end of it? Because I'm not too keen on that :/

I had to sit through a presentation the other day about NCS. At first I paid no attention to it but its been floating around my head recently. I'm not sure if I should do it or not. (For those of you who have no idea what I'm on about you can look at the website: http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/ . Its a bit like the DofE, which I'm doing right now)

I'm quite a shy person (all of my DofE things don't really involve talking to anyone my age, so it's fine) and I go to an all boys grammar school, so naturally I'm put off by the whole *being stuck with a large group of people my own age for a long time* thing. But it just seems like too good an opportunity to pass up- it looks good on CVs and UCAS forms and I need something to do on my extended summer holiday, or it'll be a summer job for me, although that's not the end of the world.

Thanks for any responses : )
Yeah I'm doing it. It'll be a good confidence booster and an opportunity to pull lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I have completed NCS and I loved every bit of it! It is such a wonderful experience and you meet so many cool people. It looks really good on a CV and especially a personal statement since it shows that you have teamwork skills! If you have any specific questions about NCS, feel free to PM me
Original post by SpeedyGonzalez
Yeah I'm doing it. It'll be a good confidence booster and an opportunity to pull lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

...uh, pull?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending