AidenLloydJepsen
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Basically, I am much better at geography than I am history, however I prefer history a lot more simply because it's more interesting and the history teachers are amazing.

I don't hate geography but I do hate the teachers; one of them is so boring and unimaginative we just copy out the textbook 3 times a lesson; and the other is so tempermental, bipolar and emotional you just feel uncomfortable and intimidated in her lessons.

Anyway, say hypothetically I cget an A in geography and a B in history - which do I choose to A2!?

Thanks
(I don't normally complain about shoddy lessons but geography is going too far)
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Sezzebee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,
I'm doing AQA A2 geography and I'm really enjoying it.

I can't solve your problem but I can say that A2 in general is difficult and if geography comes easy to you and gives you the least amount of hassle, then take it! Have a look at the style of exam too - my sister is doing both AS history and geography and is struggling to choose. After I told her that A2 aqa geog is mainly essay based rather than structured question, she decided that she was taking too many essay subjects and is going to drop geography.
I'm doing World Cities, Weather and Climate and Plate Tectonics and I've enjoyed all of them a lot.

In summary take which one you will find to be the least amount of hassle. In the end they're both good subjects and if you're planning on applying to Uni, then it doesn't matter which you pick really, because its the grade that matters most.
TheIndecent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on your exam board really because I can say that A2 geography is actually really fun even though my teachers are AWFUL. If you enjoy geography pick it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.4%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.22%
No I am happy with my choice (84)
57.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise