RIAA Suing Kazaa Users Watch

This discussion is closed.
CR3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what i said was that i agree that its wrtong now that the case has been brought up i no longer download anysongs..but my sister also uses kazaa and continues to download songs...i was not saying that i download many songs...sorry if i wasn't beign to specific..

CR
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and tell me...if ur brother or sister used kazaa continuosly why wouldn't u want a tool that could save you from paying 150,00 x whatever...

CR
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
and tell me...if ur brother or sister used kazaa continuosly why wouldn't u want a tool that could save you from paying 150,00 x whatever...CR
Erm- well I do have the tool but I just don't use it- my brother does a bit of downloading- but only anime that hasn't been licensed as it were- eg cannot get it in England/America etc but that's all- he is probably the person who influenced me into the morally right section- but I'm not saying I wouldn't like to use it- as much as I want- FREE! I just choose not to...because I be a good little girl :P
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry didn't mean to make it sound like i was being rude...i was just trying to clear something up before egan

CR
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
sorry didn't mean to make it sound like i was being rude...i was just trying to clear something up before egan

CR
Did I sound like I'd taken something in a bad way? Er? Well I didn't as far as my memory goes...sorry if that was the impession...

anyway...sorry everyone for distracting the thread a little for the the couple of posts...*returns to chair*
giddylid1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Recording industry to begin Collecting evidence and preparing lawsuits against file sharers who illegally offer music online

need i say more?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
They know and we know that they know that there is no way they will ever get rid of Piracy. At any given time on Kazaa, there are millions of people downloading stuff... People from just about any country you can think of. Riaa is looking at an incredible amount of Money to lose, and paperwork to do if they claim they are really up to this. Personally, I just see this as them trying to scare you peeps off... I probably see them trying to make an example out of a few hundred people, but then the others will just move on to bigger and better stuff... Kazaa will be reformed, renamed, and what not. And then we'll be right back to square one. Did these fools not learn with napster? We are a bunch of corrupt people that love FREE things and we have very very intelligent computer people on our side that love to give us things for free... So chances are if Riaa takes this any farther, everything will be upgraded and changed, and Kazaa will be back with a different name, different idea, and better strategies which will keep Riaa buried in Paperwork and making new threats for years to come.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey, even if they could sue everyone, they really cant according to supremme law....if you stop using it when they said theyd sue people , youre fine...i mean they cant sue people who used it before they said that...because thats expost facto....before the issue of it being illegal or that there were consequences was ever made
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats right...so if i got rid of it right when they asked then i'm good...only problem is....i didn't...i'm screwed..

CR
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The record industry has been caught sleeping. What is the greatest innovation the industry has offered to consumers?

Over-priced CD's.

I want to own content. I wouldn't mind paying for the songs I want. But I don't to buy a CD with 15 songs on it and I only like 5 songs.

I don't need them to burn CD's for me...I can do that.
I want to be able to have access to the particulars songs I like and IF I want them on a CD, I'll put them there. If I want to have them on my laptop, I'll put them there.

The music industry has grown fat and they never saw this coming. They want to force us to accept an out-dated business paradigm. Go to a music store and buy what you don't want to get what you want.

They walk away with the profits and were are not being serviced.

If we are going to address this, it MUST be a grass root efforts. We need to put our economic clout into action.

Stop buying the CD's...
Stop going to the concerts...
Stop acting like some groupie.

Demand the service that our combined buying power merits!!

Without us there is no them!!
giddylid1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its only the poeple who offer music i.e introduce it to kazza who will get sued/fined/whatever
Lyd
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by giddylid1)
its only the poeple who offer music i.e introduce it to kazza who will get sued/fined/whatever
Lyd
r u sure about that...because i don't do that but my sister still downloads songs..

CR
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Only people in the US will be "sued" because international law makes it impossible for this to happen abroad.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If sharing file and MP3 files, is illegal, then why do they sell MP3 players, and CD burners. This problem happened years ago, when the VCR came out, "ooo, taping movies and shows off of TV is stealing," is it our faults that companys make these products, no. I know that there a some people that abbuse the system of p2p filesharing by downloading everything they have and never buying a movie or a CD, but the RIAA can't go around suing ramdon people $150,000 per file. It is an unfair issure that has no good solution. I see 2 solutions, the 1st one is that the RIAA sues everyone that has ever shared files for thousands and all of the worlds youths go to jail or whatever, or people continue to fileshare until there is no more movies, no one ever buys a DVD or CD again, the music and movie industry crumble and the entertainment industry dissapears. I am sorry for the bad spelling, cheers.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ok, this is how they're fining ppl. they'll send u a letter via mail stating that u either pay a fine or they'll take u to court. this just happened to my next-door-neighbor, $200 fine, and he had to pay it.

but if RIAA tracks your IP address back to your computer, could u in defense say that a hacker could of bounce off your IP address to download to his pc?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
ok, this is how they're fining ppl. they'll send u a letter via mail stating that u either pay a fine or they'll take u to court. this just happened to my next-door-neighbor, $200 fine, and he had to pay it.

but if RIAA tracks your IP address back to your computer, could u in defense say that a hacker could of bounce off your IP address to download to his pc?
Your friend is an idiot for paying. End of story.

BTW... It is not illegal to sell copying equipment because technically, this is not breaking the law. Only the act of copying is.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago

Did your friend download frequently?? And how many??
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Only people in the US will be "sued" because international law makes it impossible for this to happen abroad.
Jesus, this was a relief to read.
cricket
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Your friend is an idiot for paying. End of story.

BTW... It is not illegal to sell copying equipment because technically, this is not breaking the law. Only the act of copying is.
I don't think he was an idiot. After all, it was only $200, would it really be worth it to go to court over $200. I wouldn't. What is the point of selling copying equipment if it is illegal to copy. And the fact that they would only sue people in the States is completely unfair.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You guys should speak to leekey he knows copyright laws and things like that very well.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise