This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Not at all in fact it is just ahabbit of mine that I tend to go of the subject my point is though music is important and I sympathise with musicians who arent rich however there are plenty of musicians who have more money than they need as there are record companies if musicians are mostly concerned with money then they have lost the essential essence of music, proffesional music is a strange idea anyway and as for record companies what do they really do, advertise and take cuts of profit from musicians I can guarantee that very little of the money they gain in these lawsuits will go to the musicians.
As for being able to buy MP3's I wasnt aware of that ill have to look into it, as for whether I can get the songs I normally use kazaa to download I don't knwo because frankly I often get quite obscure songs not available in shops or just get the odd song to see if an ablum is worth buying but chances are I would still get sued if I was singled out because it is indiscriminate of purpose or intent as this can't be determined through spyware or hacks.
Going back to my original point though when my Dad was in hospital it made me realise how poorly funded things like the NHS in britain are other things as well, things we need services we have decided are a basic human right many artists in the music buissness seem to be mainly about money and these are the ones most concerned about what they are losing out. I find it strange that I know plenty of talented and I mean really talented musicians ho want neither fame nor fortune and are happy just playing music and being recognised for it.
There are far more important things in the world than money but today under the army of lawyers that it has ensnared money rules the world amd there is nothing anyone can do to stop it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Sorry for calling you an "arrogant prat" by the way Egan but things to do with justice can annoy me as for me so far there seems to be no real justice though my experience is a little limited so far, so I have tried to work out what "it" all means and "it" doesn't seem to mean anything the fact is everything is so insignificant that the very notion of kazaa users being sued seems so petty on a universal level even on a global or national level, I mean do they really think it makes any difference everything has to end sooner or later and the fact is you can't stop music.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
50p to make, but how are u gonna encourage ppl to make the music without money?! I can see the injustice, but at the same time the industry is ripping us off and why pay when you can get it free?
The musicians don't make money from getting record deals. Thats a fact. Musicians have and I suspect always will make their money through concerts and other open venue events. What record comanies do is distribute the music to the people to create a fan base. Internet sharing has in a sence cut out the middleman ( the record company). If we could get the radio stations on our side we, the users and listeners of music, would have all the power and music would be free. If you don't belive me read more about it I know only becasue I know people in the buissness.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Thats very true so harray for us cheap *******s who get stuff free weve un sold out muscisians, and all is right in the world again.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Who gives a damn if we download music over the internet or not anyway if u start suing people, it dont mean we are goin to stop and if u take kazaa away we will find another way to download music for free so juts leave eveybody the hell alone
u bar graph
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Hello happy people, hows u all doing! Have any of u been reading papers or watching news today? If not i think you all should read this-

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/article.../06232003d.php

turns out that the record industry of america is gonna sue us all for using kazaa! Can the Record industry of america do that to us over here? is that legal-surely they will need prove that we have it and the only way to do that is to hack into our hard drives! What do ppl think?!

reply yes they can u r not supposed to download music w/o paying.
even i do i just burn then delete so technically they have nothing against me. so yeah they can they passed the law. you can alson not get sued by saying to the riaa that you download. delete the files and don't do it again.just burn the files and say i won't and you win and so do they.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The RIAA only has jurisdiction in the US, the UK version is concentrating on actual cd piraters who are the real drain on the record companies funds, ie they are doing the sensible thing.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ok, I think it gets a little silly when they go after a 12 year old girl who downloads mainly kids songs...these people doing the suing really need to put their priority's in check and figure out who the real bad guys are.

They make me sick, I download the song, if I like it I buy the CD, but I refuse to do either now, I went from buying like 6-10 CD's a month to nothing now. I hope it does make those sick rich people who could be helping out the poor or something get a reality check and realize, they have enough money...the people they are targeting don't necessarily have barely any money. Anyway, there is my rambling-run-on sentence.

The music industry is just making me mad, they make money off sex, not even talent....get a life!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by giddylid1)
its only the poeple who offer music i.e introduce it to kazza who will get sued/fined/whatever
Lyd
that is not true at all... how about this old lady who downloaded 4 songs and got sued for 4000 bucks ($)?!?!??!?!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
just to let you know i dont know where you got 150,000 per song from but no kazaa user will be paying that much. It's ridiculous and would never happen, that is about the bond for a murder or rape and those crimes are obviously a million times worse then file-sharing.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Also I use Grokster, and even if EMI find your user name and see what files you are sharing, there is no way for them to find out who you are.[/QUOTE]

They can trace your Mac Address from your computer. When you go from one place on the internet to another it tells there server where your from, address, city, state, country. so they can find you its just a mater if your smart enought to change the mac adress by burnin the chip.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Only people in the US will be "sued" because international law makes it impossible for this to happen abroad.
if its international doest this mean its worldwide?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I am going to quote rapper 50 Cent, "I don't care how people get my music, as long as they listen." Spoken like a music artist who isn't exactly in it for the money. These people are already millionaires, so what if their music is on the net?? If people really wanted to go out and support the artist they would go out and support the artist and buy their CD. Maybe I'm just cheap but these music artists are money hungry and music sharing on the web won't be stopped. Sure Kazaa might be canceled off, but there's always going to be something new.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i no some peeps that they gettin money off and takin them to court i think it was £2000 i think no sure think a bit more than that its wack i got kazza lite but u no i think there soon gonna get use on that u no its sony
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
i no some peeps that they gettin money off and takin them to court i think it was £2000 i think no sure think a bit more than that its wack i got kazza lite but u no i think there soon gonna get use on that u no its sony
did the person downloda a lot?
Unregistered111
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I wonder how many of these people involved in taking money from this children and old people have ever, or have kids that have ever, downloaded a copyrighted song? I bet you any amount of money in the world almost EVERY SINGLE ONE!

It's like the pot calling the kettle black! I wish I could hire someone to "Investigate" their computers...anyone know a good hacker?

Just throwing some ideas out...maybe someone with more computer knowledge then me will pick up on them.....
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.msnbc.com/news/969152.asp?0sl=-23
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I read that they were planning to fine people £100,000 for every song they downloaded. Lets see:

A person with about 500 songs:

500 x 100,000 = £50,000,000

Now, where the hell are you supposed to get all this money? It's totally crazy to fine someone £100,000 because they maybe couldn't resist downloading a song which they heard on the radio, ABSOLUTELY LOVED, had broadband and could therefore, get it in a minute.
PissedOffPerson
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
all the recording industries is doing are suing young kids who have worked hard for money and there they go taking it away, cause of what us "people" are downloading;we are juts taking a few songs and listening to them at our expense,if your are goin to keep suing people and taking there hard earned money, people will keep downloading music just to piss you people off, im sure some of these executives whoever is doing the suing has children of their own and im sure there kids have a computer and who knows they are probably downloading music and buring cds and listenin to them and maybe making cds for friends of theirs, WHO KNOWS
IF YOU WANT TO HEAR MY THOUGHTS ABOUT IT
EMAIL [email protected]
MEEEEE
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
so, whats better to do>???? get rid of the damn kazaa, or wait and see??? My parents took of kazaa of my computer cuz they are scared to death....but i just cant live without it anymore.....
what is the best advise from u guys???
THANKS
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (161)
15.56%
Uncertainty around my education (168)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (99)
9.57%
Isolating with family (71)
6.86%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.77%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.7%
Loneliness (102)
9.86%
Financial worries (46)
4.44%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (95)
9.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.15%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.7%

Watched Threads