This discussion is closed.
ladyblitzer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The tracking down thing... is it only in the U.S.? Yeeeessss... I'm far from that country.

Ho-humm... they can't blame us if we use Kazaa. CDs are really expensive. And cassettes... well, they're not as good as CDs. So there.

And somebody's gonna make another program that allows people to share MP3s. First there was Napster, then Kazaa?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey i asked my friend..she said she got sum new stuff to dl stuff from the site is...http://www.winmx.com/.....but the **** is hella confusing...any1 else noe whtat this is?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
They actually tried to contact me. How did they get that info.? Has anyone else been contacted?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
its the record labels doing it. they corrupt the digital files on the cd. so when it is converted and shared it messes it all up!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
All this talk about music, thats fine and all, but what about movie. What about people who who download divx movies and such. Anyone know if they are being targeted???

Oh yeah and in all the lists i've seen of users, this one user comes up a lot: [email protected]. Dude sure is popular hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
um, this person is an idiot...that means someone is using kazaa lite...a different version of kazaa that doesnt screw up your computer as bad...my boyfriend has it :)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The whole thing is that if i'm a diehard FAN i'll buy the album cuz i want the original mix down and not someone's ****ty sound card doing the sampling...there're quality levels as well....and then there's the CD insert where u have lyrics, pics, bios, thanks, and addresses, etc. which i'd want and would have to buy...fine wit me....but i want the exact same song on the pc as well jus so i can listen to it rather than having to go get the CD and play it and wear and tear it and it be no more...i jus copy it and put the original away and burn the copy all day long....and also that's how you get YOUR music around....like if u write your own **** like me then u can send your stuff and get heard and rock.....THE RIAA IS GAY ....SPECIALLY FOR TAKIN THAT 12 YEAR OLD GIRL TO COURT.....THAT'S B.S.
Motty_23
Report 16 years ago
Users of Kazaa should not be sued and you are probably not going to be sued, i assume that the main reason of sueing people usuing kazaa is to scare others users or future users causing them to keep away from kazaa.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am an audophile and to me MP3s sound quite simply ****. I still prefer the vinyl sound to CD but CD beats the pants of MP3. If MP3 is done properly it can sound ok but the stuff on the net usualy has a poor data rate at 128/kbps. CD is much much higher.

If you look at the waveform of an MP3 you will see its squared off at frequency peaks where as CD is nice and smooth in comparison.

I personaly hate all compressed audio formats but they do have a place especialy for portable audio use.
Dragon_Amor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=19517

click the above - I'm interested in your opinions.
jake102
Report 16 years ago
well i just got a letter from the federal beareau of music and it said i had downloaded illegally copied music or what not. I have only downloaded around 100 songs from kazaa. i do not let anyone upload from my computer. But on the very same day that i got this e-mail from them i got 9 e-mails. I got 2 about the music, and 7 more saying there is a virus. My norton antivirus picked it up and said there were viruses. I am just wondering because it never said it was from the RIAA.... could this be a virus just trying to scare me. And if it is from them could they just be warning me. It said nothing of a subpoena in the letter or anything about court. I really do not know. I am scared out of my mind about his... Please give me answers!!!! Thanks in advance
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jake102)
well i just got a letter from the federal beareau of music and it said i had downloaded illegally copied music or what not. I have only downloaded around 100 songs from kazaa. i do not let anyone upload from my computer. But on the very same day that i got this e-mail from them i got 9 e-mails. I got 2 about the music, and 7 more saying there is a virus. My norton antivirus picked it up and said there were viruses. I am just wondering because it never said it was from the RIAA.... could this be a virus just trying to scare me. And if it is from them could they just be warning me. It said nothing of a subpoena in the letter or anything about court. I really do not know. I am scared out of my mind about his... Please give me answers!!!! Thanks in advance
How about try to reply to them? See if they are sensible address. If tehy contain virsus, then they are fake.
Draegos
Report 16 years ago
Hey peeps, just thought I'd barge in and drop a note or two. I was looking around to find something that would block sharing capabilities using Bit Torrent, and I came across this place.

About a month ago, I was caught by MGM, downloading a movie. And from all the movies that I meant to download, this one I really didn't mean to click on. I've found using bit torrents from suprnova to be very efficient without having to spend time searching for what I want to find. Well, the only drawback is...when you use bit torrent it automatically uploads as well. So...I got caught downloading a movie called "Out of Time." I don't even know what it's about, but anyway...here is what happened. They emailed my ISP, and my ISP emailed me. They forwarded the email that MGM sent them regarding my sharing of files, and asked what my purpose was for using Bit Torrent, and if the accusation was true. Being honest, I told them that I had but not intentionally, and that I would delete all the files on my hard drive that were illegally downloaded, which I did. Then after doing so, they emailed me back saying that they would drop the charges unless I was caught illegally sharing again. They also bluntly pointed out that THE ILLEGAL ACTION IS NOT DOWNLOADING, BUT SHARING. As long as you do not share the file, it is ok to download.

So there's my two cents. If anyone here knows of a way to stop sharing in bit torrent please let me know...and if you'd like to see the email they sent me, I'd be more than happy to show you.

Oh, and I'm in the US.

--Draegos
jake102
Report 16 years ago
If anyone gets the [email protected] virus and it says that you are Using illegal filesharing dont worry its a virus that does that. It prolly was made by the RIAA though. Do not worry about it. Thanks
jake102
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Draegos)
Hey peeps, just thought I'd barge in and drop a note or two. I was looking around to find something that would block sharing capabilities using Bit Torrent, and I came across this place.

About a month ago, I was caught by MGM, downloading a movie. And from all the movies that I meant to download, this one I really didn't mean to click on. I've found using bit torrents from suprnova to be very efficient without having to spend time searching for what I want to find. Well, the only drawback is...when you use bit torrent it automatically uploads as well. So...I got caught downloading a movie called "Out of Time." I don't even know what it's about, but anyway...here is what happened. They emailed my ISP, and my ISP emailed me. They forwarded the email that MGM sent them regarding my sharing of files, and asked what my purpose was for using Bit Torrent, and if the accusation was true. Being honest, I told them that I had but not intentionally, and that I would delete all the files on my hard drive that were illegally downloaded, which I did. Then after doing so, they emailed me back saying that they would drop the charges unless I was caught illegally sharing again. They also bluntly pointed out that THE ILLEGAL ACTION IS NOT DOWNLOADING, BUT SHARING. As long as you do not share the file, it is ok to download.

So there's my two cents. If anyone here knows of a way to stop sharing in bit torrent please let me know...and if you'd like to see the email they sent me, I'd be more than happy to show you.

Oh, and I'm in the US.

--Draegos
I would like to see the e-mail they sent you because I have also gotten caught and i would just like to know what yours says. My e-mail is [email protected]
Loli
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ok-

The RIAA is not specifically "attacking all ISP that download music".
There main goal is to go after the ones that are *uploading* the music, so they set out "bots" to scan the data bases and search for people with high shared files. Then they log there IP and send it too a database.

They are not going after the millions of ones that download from Kazaa(or whatver form you use [Kazaa Lite]) but for the main people who try to reach the "demand" of the people online.

They try to uopload music and leave it in there shared folder, thus leaving then open and suseptabel for RIAA **** to happen. If you take the music that you have downloaded (if you download music) out fo your shared folder and make a new one on desktop or whereever then you should be 1/2 way safe. All RIAA saw people using this method they thought of a new brilliant plan for catching high music user, by loggin the IP of them from the database,program call it what you want, and can track all uploading and downloading--

You all have been warned
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Loli)
*Liike Games, Forums, Chatting*
Go to http://www.sitemagik.net and register for a free account, there are friendly admins and mods and such there to help you including me. THere are many ranks from clan, to Elder, to Elite, to mods, and admins.
You can reach all of these by trust

There is a tagboard also there. THe host and admin of the site "Sitemagik" wrote the TB for himself and the script that runs it and it is on a diff server so one will never affect it.

If you register and haev any question I would be delighted to help you- You have the featrue of usign "PM's" or personal messages...feel free
or you could stay here
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, hes been "olliefied"
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
anyone who is worried about the use of kazaa should look at this very good bbc faq

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3022170.stm

basically it says if you are in the uk your fine
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

basically it says if you are in the uk your fine

"It has said it will not rule out suing individual users, but that it would be a "last resort". The BPI says it is currently trying to educate people - including sending out leaflets to colleges and large business - to tell people where they can download music legally.

It also says using peer-to-peer services risks downloading viruses. But if the RIAA's actions are successful, a similar system could be on the cards for the UK. "

Does it?
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you disliek the RIIA and want to cause them trouble share a MODERATE number of files. If you share something like 300 files, its to low for the RIIA to be able to care about it. If they did, theyd have to sue some 5 million people. There strategy is to aim for those who share thousands of files. If everone instead share a moderate number of files, they are screwed. They cant go for individuals who share moderate amounts, cus its basicly not worth it. And still, if all 5 million users share 300 files, that gives a pretty nasty sum total...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.05%
No (521)
65.95%

Watched Threads