The Student Room Group

Have I just been deported to the Friendzone or is there some hope...?

Hi

I broke the cardinal rule of not having feelings for your best friend. It happened - I couldn't help it. We have been friends for close to a decade. Until now, we haven't been single at the same time. She has been with other guys when I had been single, and me with other girls when she had been single. I had feelings for her when she had been with someone, but chose not to act on it to not be a ****. There has been attraction on my side anyway even when I had been with someone (not good I know!) - the reason I broke up with my ex was because I felt dishonest and started developing feelings for said best friend.

So, I had dropped hints/made it a little more obvious and spent more time with her to try to change the dynamic. There was a level of reciprocation. I perhaps made another mistake by sharing actually how I feel. It felt right at the time so I don't regret it but perhaps laid it on a bit thick. I was just being honest.

She came back with 'I just don't know what I want in life right now...'

I know she's had some family and career things on her mind so I'm not sure whether I've just cemented my place by planting a flag for the Friendzone and she's being nice and saying 'I do know what I want and it's just not you' or whether it's just not the right time or what this means hence I thought I'd find out what other TSR gurus like yourselves think. It might just mean she doesn't know but do share if you think differently!

Any views welcome.

Thanks,
Jack
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
It could be an excuse or it could be the truth and she just really isn't sure. The only person who knows for sure is her, I advise talking to her further.
Thanks for the response Keladry :smile: I agree I do need to speak to her again and just make some sense of this just as you're right it could be either.

For others viewing this - any more views/thoughts welcome :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending