The Student Room Group

Child Nursing Interview

Hi guys, Ive got an interview for child nursing on Tuesday, does any1 have any tips? tia x :colondollar:
Hi Joanne1973,

I'm Joel, I'm a 3rd year child branch student nurse... I may be able to help :smile:

- Research about the university and their facilities, and about the latest nursing news. (BBC Health News and NHS Behind the Headlines are good places to look)
- Understand the role of a children's nurse
- Understand the basics of the NMC Code of Conduct (2008) and the NHS Constitution (2013) as you may be asked about these, or you may want to refer to them in your answers - which would come across very well. There's a new NMC Code (2015) already available and coming into force on 31st March so take a look at that too.
- Practice answers to questions you are likely to be asked
- Do some sample Maths and English tests (Papers can be found on Brighton and Birmingham City University's websites. Other universities may also provide their own)
- Maintain good posture and eye contact, and remember the tone of voice which you are speaking in. Speak clearly and slowly
- Remember that it's ok to ask to come back to a question at the end or ask for a minute to think about your answer. You are better to take your time and give a really good answer than blurt out something mediocre
- Actively listen as much as you talk

Your question wasn't specific, so I've just given a few general tips. If you have any more questions, or want more specific tips based on the type of interview you are expecting, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Wishing you the very best of luck
Joel :smile:
Reply 2
Hi Joel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I will take your advice, and study hard. Fingers crossed I get in,
Thanks again,
Jo
Original post by Joanne1973
Hi Joel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I will take your advice, and study hard. Fingers crossed I get in,
Thanks again,
Jo

My pleasure. Love to help :smile:

I've got everything crossed for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending