The Student Room Group

IGCSE vs GCSE Science

Hi, could someone explain the differences between IGCSE and GCSE Science? I've been taught the Edexcel IGCSE and I've always been told that it's tougher than the normal GCSE but when I look at the Edexcel GCSE Individual Sciences, there are NINE papers in total and most of the questions I probably wouldn't be able to answer. Is it the same for GCSE students looking at IGCSE papers? Are they just completely different qualifications? Or does the GCSE just have more material and more challenging material?

Thanks.
Original post by educatingsurrey

Hi, could someone explain the differences between IGCSE and GCSE Science? I've been taught the Edexcel IGCSE and I've always been told that it's tougher than the normal GCSE but when I look at the Edexcel GCSE Individual Sciences, there are NINE papers in total and most of the questions I probably wouldn't be able to answer. Is it the same for GCSE students looking at IGCSE papers? Are they just completely different qualifications? Or does the GCSE just have more material and more challenging material?

Thanks.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the sciences forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=51
Reply 2
Original post by educatingsurrey

Thanks.

Hey, I did AQA separate science, but my boyfriend did Edexcel iGCSE. I did 9 papers and I think he did 6. We helped each other revise, and there was a crossover in content especially for the more basic stuff, but the aspects around unit 3 for me started to change, like we did intense stuff about exercise and breathing and he had no idea. But we were allowed a formula sheet and he had to learn them all, there was also more maths on the iGCSE side. They are meant to be a little more rigorous but I don't think its specifically much harder, but it depends on your strengths, like I know I would've done worse at iGCSE because of the maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending