OneAvenger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could please answer a question for me for my HIS4X A2 History Coursework.

I'm having trouble with the 100 year context and how to mention historians in my essay. Most of my dates are from 1900+ and I feel that I have little info concering the 1800's. Also, do I analyse historiography?

Any tips would be great and I think that this post should be about sharing information for the coursework so everyone know what they are doing.

I have examples from my coursework f anyone would like to read it for me!

Thanks a bunch x

P.s. this is my first time on TSR and I have no idea how this works, so forgive me for any errors .
subjunctivehistorian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by OneAvenger)
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could please answer a question for me for my HIS4X A2 History Coursework.

I'm having trouble with the 100 year context and how to mention historians in my essay. Most of my dates are from 1900+ and I feel that I have little info concering the 1800's. Also, do I analyse historiography?

Any tips would be great and I think that this post should be about sharing information for the coursework so everyone know what they are doing.

I have examples from my coursework f anyone would like to read it for me!

Thanks a bunch x

P.s. this is my first time on TSR and I have no idea how this works, so forgive me for any errors .
Hi Welcome to TSR!
What's your cw title? I did the AQA cw too, mine was on american civil rights but if yours isn't on that, I can probably still help you anyway!

I'm happy to read what you have so far. If you need any more help... pm me. I got 100% on my coursework
OneAvenger
Rep:
?
Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome and for replying

100%!!! Well done!!! I'm doing the American Civil Rights movement also.

My question is: in the context of the years 1863-1968 to what extent was the March on Washington a catalyst for the development of African American civil rights?

I can pm you what I think is a good paragraph which I think is done. My teacher says that I don't explain well .

Thanks again because this coursework is driving me insane!
OneAvenger
Rep:
?
So many questions!!!

Does my conclusion have to give my judgement AND criticisms of the opposing argument?
Do I have to bring in new evidence and historians to get a good grade?

All replies welcome
Danke shoen.
OneAvenger
Rep:
?
Thanks mate .

Really good advice. I'm going to try and add a historian in every paragraph except for the intro and conclusion.
OneAvenger
Rep:
?
Any last minute tips? DEADLINE IN TOMORROW!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed