The Student Room Group

How to get an interview with Cineworld

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lavender_rose
I didn't even get to interview stage, I didn't pass the online test. But yeah I agree that they probably black list you, possibly temporarily.

I used to be able to pass the test but I have no idea what Im doing wrong now, pretty sure I've answered them all the same. Asda do that, you can't apply with them for and 6MONTHS! But at least they tell you that you can't apply for them again
And one of the things that annoys me is that they are all minimum wage jobs, more often then not, so why the rigorous testing process?
Reply 22
I didn't even get to interview stage, I didn't pass the online test. But yeah I agree that they probably black list you, possibly temporarily.

I interviewed there exactly a year ago, so I don't think it's temporarily..:s-smilie::confused:
Reply 23
And one of the things that annoys me is that they are all minimum wage jobs, more often then not, so why the rigorous testing process?

It's 6.90 per hour (at least in Glasgow), so it's above minimum wage.. I used to work at Next and they pay 6.70
Original post by stefan91
I interviewed there exactly a year ago, so I don't think it's temporarily..:s-smilie::confused:

I don't know what it is then? I think the jobs seem to go to people with the most retail experience (that's the only thing I can think of)
It's 6.90 per hour (at least in Glasgow), so it's above minimum wage.. I used to work at Next and they pay 6.70

But it's not that much higher, and doesn't seem to match hard it can be to get the jobs sometimes.
I don't know what it is then? I think the jobs seem to go to people with the most retail experience (that's the only thing I can think of)

Majority if the time it is down to previous experience which is rubbish because most jobs ask for it which. Cant get experience if you can't get a job :confused:
Reply 27

I have experience in retail (Next) and hospitality (Frankie and Benny's) and I think I answer the open-ended questions well and yet, they keep rejecting me lol.
I JUST WANT TO WATCH FREE MOVIES, is that too much to ask. :frown:
I have experience in retail (Next) and hospitality (Frankie and Benny's) and I think I answer the open-ended questions well and yet, they keep rejecting me lol.
I JUST WANT TO WATCH FREE MOVIES, is that too much to ask. :frown:

Omg that's why I'm so attracted to the role, free movies! I really want this job!
Any chance you are talking about Silverburn? I know the feeling, I have applied for the one in Glasgow city centre AT LEAST 25 times. I got called for an interview the very first time, but I didn't get it. :frown:

I've applied to Silverburn :biggrin: fingers crossed for something!!
Original post by Archintella

Good luck! I went too and just handed in my cv, didn't even manage to talk to anyone there. really hoping I get a job there
Reply 31
Original post by Archintella

Good luck to you too! :smile:
I applied online, the deadline is on the 25th, so I'm guessing they'll start interviewing the week after..
I was told the cinema will open on the 26th of June, it's from a pretty reliable source..
Good luck to you too! :smile:
I applied online, the deadline is on the 25th, so I'm guessing they'll start interviewing the week after..
I was told the cinema will open on the 26th of June, it's from a pretty reliable source..

26th? I was told it would the beginning on June. Id rather they opened it sooner so I could get working! Good luck with your application anyway!
Reply 33
Original post by SaraSHFB
26th? I was told it would the beginning on June. Id rather they opened it sooner so I could get working! Good luck with your application anyway!

Thanks, you too, have you heard back from them yet?
One of my pals works in Silverburn and he spoke with the manager of the cinema and that's what he told him :/
Thanks, you too, have you heard back from them yet?
One of my pals works in Silverburn and he spoke with the manager of the cinema and that's what he told him :/

No I've not heard anything which is good because usually I get a rejection email a few days after applying and it's been a week now so...

Ah right because I aunt popped in and asked at the desk and the woman said the beginning of June. You're probably right though, yours seems like more of a reliable source
Sadly I received the much dreaded rejection email-best of luck to you both! :smile:
Has anyone had an interview email yet?
Reply 37
Original post by chrissy8761
Has anyone had an interview email yet?

I had my interview last week, they phoned me 2 weeks ago asking me to come in. From what I was told, all successful applicants had already been contacted. :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Dam I have not had a rejection email and when I log into my Cineworld account it says application in progress! So confused:\ ohh well
I believe the final team member interview was on Thursday the 7th of May as the Starbucks Baristas interviews began the next day! It's possible that the interviews could have taken place in a different order and that I'm 110% wrong! It would be best to check your email folders in case they have emailed you and the email had been lost, though I would recommend contacting them asap to be safe.
All the best with your applications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending