The Student Room Group

Hows your revision going?

Hows your revision going? At what point of your studying are you at? Are you looking forward to smashing your exams?:cool:

Scroll to see replies

It's going smoothly so far. I just need to focus in on my weaknesses now. I'm mostly working at Bs and Cs in past papers. Hoping to push that up to a few As. Honestly, I just can't wait till the exams are over. You?
Reply 2
Original post by Tarte Tatin
It's going smoothly so far. I just need to focus in on my weaknesses now. I'm mostly working at Bs and Cs in past papers. Hoping to push that up to a few As. Honestly, I just can't wait till the exams are over. You?

this is my final year :biggrin::biggrin: after that i can just chill and enjoy a great gap year. But first i need to get myself in the best position as possible and get all A/A*s. Hard work is paying off as past papers are at Grade A/A* mostly. Biology taking the piss though as it is becoming hard to gain those stupid specific marks :angry:
Haven't started yet fml
What revision...
its in between, I should of done way more than what I have done but hopefully I should of revised for all my exams by end of march hopefully.

I wished I never got a unconditional offer as it pulled my motivation and worrying down to an extent, but I still think I'm near enough ready for my exams, I just want them to be over already lol
Mine is going great for maths, but not really for my other subjects. Not motivated at all to revise for essay subjects!
Original post by anonwinner
Mine is going great for maths, but not really for my other subjects. Not motivated at all to revise for essay subjects!

I understand this a lot, I do psychology and theres so much essays to learn by heart and I have to go over them every day or I'll just forget them and have to start the memorising process again :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Revision?

What's that?
Reply 9
Original post by Arkasia
Revision?

What's that?

stop lying. i know you have done every past paper since 1934.:biggrin:
Original post by rakib567
this is my final year :biggrin::biggrin: after that i can just chill and enjoy a great gap year. But first i need to get myself in the best position as possible and get all A/A*s. Hard work is paying off as past papers are at Grade A/A* mostly. Biology taking the piss though as it is becoming hard to gain those stupid specific marks :angry:

Ah, are you planning on doing anything particular in your gap year?

Yeah, it's annoying because I keep losing marks over things like key words.
Reply 11
Original post by Tarte Tatin
Ah, are you planning on doing anything particular in your gap year?

Yeah, it's annoying because I keep losing marks over things like key words.

Mainly work, work experience and volunteeribg here and abroad. Learn to drive and get buff lol
Reply 12
Original post by Audiology-Med
I understand this a lot, I do psychology and theres so much essays to learn by heart and I have to go over them every day or I'll just forget them and have to start the memorising process again :rolleyes:

In order to memorise i just stick things on the wall and read them everyday

:rofl3::rofl: lol
its going meh i guess...right now im focusing on weakness up-which is basically all of my unit 1s in all my subjects since i remeber nothing... until mid april and from then on until my may exams il be doing past papers...but first gotta deal with my economics mock tommorow...ffs whyy do teachers pick the worst times for exams?

Hows your revision going? At what point of your studying are you at? Are you looking forward to smashing your exams?:cool:
(edited 9 years ago)

Alright in general. I currently have four further maths A2 modules that I'm getting over 90% in so I just need to work on FP4 for a fifth. An A* is pretty much guaranteed.
For biology I'm on track for an A and I don't need to put much work in to achieve that. I'm not aiming for A* because that would take too much time from my others.
For chemistry I'm generally getting high As or low A*s, so need to put a bit more time into doing past papers to get that up to a consistent mid to high A*.
For physics I understand all of the content perfectly, but I'm still struggling on getting A*s in past papers. Again, more time needs to be spent on past papers.
For STEP, after months of hard work it's all starting to come together. I understand the exam a lot more now and find it much easier. Some STEP I-II questions are even starting to seem trivial, although most questions and all STEP III are still very difficult. I feel like I'm doing well in it, but I need to keep working hard to get to the point where I can answer 6 questions well in the three hours. I also need to quickly study more mechanics in depth to allow me to answer a few more questions per exam.
(edited 9 years ago)

You really don't know me then aha
Reply 17
How are people already on track for As
Right now the only thing I'm on track for is Ds and Es
Reply 18
Haven't really started revising yet! Still hoping to get at least 2A's and a B :smile: Hopefully, intense revision as of Monday should get me there.

Quick Reply

Latest