The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

screening test for the foundation programme

Hi everyone can someone help me please. Iv got a screening test before I can be offered a place only thing is im unsure on what to revise?? Iv just been told basic maths an english but how basic is basic?? Does anyone know what level I need to revise at?? Has anyone already done there maths and English screening test??...also on the application form.do I apply for the foundation programme and the degree I wish to go on to or do I just apply for the foundation programme?? Im getting confused!! ..thanks for reading x
Hi I'm not sure if this is too late or not, but I'm currently on foundation. Yeah the screening tests were very basic. Also you don't apply for your degree until around October 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks, my tests are in a few weeks I just dont want to fail them
Original post by zeetaellis
Thanks, my tests are in a few weeks I just dont want to fail them ������������

Hi
How did your tests go?
I did my tests back in July and found them to be quite basic. I was offered an unconditional offer to start in September. Good luck and I hope you get offered a place.
Original post by Lynetteb35
Hi I'm not sure if this is too late or not, but I'm currently on foundation. Yeah the screening tests were very basic. Also you don't apply for your degree until around October 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, that's strange I didnt know that. I'm sure I put which degree I wanted to do on my application.

How do you apply for the degree, is it through another personal statement. I'm confused now. I thought it was a straight 4 years including Foundation year.
Hi. You state on your foundation application which degree you want to do but you don't actually apply until October. You do it through Derby Direct and as part of study skills. It is 4 years and the foundation year more or less guarantees you a place on your chosen degree. What degree are you wanting to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and yes another personal statement. However, you can pretty much use the one you used for foundation but add extra to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. You state on your foundation application which degree you want to do but you don't actually apply until October. You do it through Derby Direct and as part of study skills. It is 4 years and the foundation year more or less guarantees you a place on your chosen degree. What degree are you wanting to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya

Ok thanks for that.. its Business Management degree I'm wanting to do.

I'm worried now whether I'll actually get onto the degree lol. Its not as straight forward as I thought
Oh and yes another personal statement. However, you can pretty much use the one you used for foundation but add extra to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll have to use the same personal statement and yea I'll add some extra bits to it. Is the process hard to get onto the degree. Which degree are you doing?
I know a couple of people who have done the foundation that are going on to Business Management. The only time someone may not get onto their chosen degree is if it is something like social work where you need to have some sort of experience. You will be fine. The Derby Direct application is pretty similar to the foundation one, it isn't difficult at all. Go for it, it's the best thing I've ever done (apart from having my kids), I'm 38 and starting my degree in a couple of weeks. Feel free to private message if you want to know anything else. There is a Facebook group for the last 3 years foundation people (two are run by myself) they helped us loads :smile:

P.S. I'm doing Early Childhood Studies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending