The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Media Studies Help!!

I am studying AQA GCSE Media Studies. I need a A in the summer so I need to do good in the exam. My teacher is no help and whenever I ask him he tells me to look online...great teaching. So does anyone know what I should revise?
Reply 1
Original post by Thomas12345
I am studying AQA GCSE Media Studies. I need a A in the summer so I need to do good in the exam. My teacher is no help and whenever I ask him he tells me to look online...great teaching. So does anyone know what I should revise?

I know the feeing of having a rubbish teacher! mine disappeared for weeks at a time and suddenly we were told that she wasnt coming back. Anyways watch the news at different times and on different channels. Also look at an app compared to a website, I'd suggest BBC. Form you own case study basically. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
What the hell is this pre release material supposed to help me with???? All i can see is that it sets the scenario of making a new national television news programme. Ok, this is probably going to be the "creative" task ---- however Ive looked at previous papers and they have questions regarding different matters.... So CAN someone please explain how I can pick out what i need to leaarn for the exam ---and where i will be using it .....
Reply 3
In other words, can someone please share what they think the exam questions will be after having read the pre release material.... because this is not making sense -
Sorry this is kinda late but my media teacher has said that he thinks the creative task could be the opening sequence of the news broadcast (storyboard). He also thinks that news values and the theories are likely so I'm making sure to revise those :smile: hope this kinda helped
Reply 5
Some questions that may appear :
-'Criticicms of TV news - our teacher is really good and gave us some A level stuff like the *Gatekeeper theory* which you may wanna look up.
- Why teens do not watch TV news I.e. It doesn't affect them or they have a bad stereotype circulating around them.
- Storyboard of opening sequence or set design or bulletin plan
- identify 2 news broadcasts and why they are successful - are teacher is pretty certain that that will appear

I've not done any revision yet for media! Still a bit away yet
do we just need to make notes on different case studies? when we did a mock I didn't look at the preliminary material except for the glossary so I don't understand how to prepare for it. so we have to choose some of those story things that would appeal to the target audience and then what?
Reply 7
Original post by TrueDAN
Some questions that may appear :
-'Criticicms of TV news - our teacher is really good and gave us some A level stuff like the *Gatekeeper theory* which you may wanna look up.
- Why teens do not watch TV news I.e. It doesn't affect them or they have a bad stereotype circulating around them.
- Storyboard of opening sequence or set design or bulletin plan
- identify 2 news broadcasts and why they are successful - are teacher is pretty certain that that will appear

I've not done any revision yet for media! Still a bit away yet

i really do not understand how to answer this question
identify 2 news broadcasts and why they are successful - are teacher is pretty certain that that will appear

please help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending