The Student Room Group

Need some advice on being spontaneous

Hi! Not to sound like a jerk but I've sort of come to terms with the fact that I may not be able to get into a relationship anytime soon, but I'm 18 years old and I know I'm probably asking a lot, but I've never been kissed. I'm going to a party in a month's time and I'm hoping for a fling. Getting a girl to like me for a week or more might be a big ask given my looks but how do I get a girl to kiss me? At the party of course
Reply 1
Reply 2
Play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Dress well, drink moderately, work on your witty repartee, talk to all girls, not just the babes. Do this with patience and tenacity and you might get a kiss by the time you're 22.
Go to the hottest girl you can see, tell her you find her beautiful, and lean in for a kiss.
Surely this is the opposite of being spontaneous because you're planning it? But anyway, if you're going to a party with the sole intention of getting kissed, you're going for the completely wrong reason! Just forget about trying to force your first kiss and focus on having a good time at the party. It'll happen when it's meant to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting kissed doesn't have to be the goal. Strike up a conversation, and it might lead somewhere.
Reply 6
Original post by sunnydespair
Getting kissed doesn't have to be the goal. Strike up a conversation, and it might lead somewhere.

It might be a problem if they already know me. I don't give the impression of a Mr hotshot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Madeline_H95
Go to the hottest girl you can see, tell her you find her beautiful, and lean in for a kiss.

If that doesn't work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Gott
Grow some balls

Tried that. Anything to stunt my chances of getting shot down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Archurus23
Hi! Not to sound like a jerk but I've sort of come to terms with the fact that I may not be able to get into a relationship anytime soon, but I'm 18 years old and I know I'm probably asking a lot, but I've never been kissed. I'm going to a party in a month's time and I'm hoping for a fling. Getting a girl to like me for a week or more might be a big ask given my looks but how do I get a girl to kiss me? At the party of course

First of all, improve your fashion sense and make yourself look slightly above average (if you already have a good fashion sense, then don't :tongue: ). Don't force yourself onto other people, but start speaking to others and have some fun. Only try something if you have developed a good relationship so far. Maybe get drunk with them if that's your thing :colondollar:
Original post by Archurus23
If that doesn't work?

It will work, trust me, I'm a girl. She will either kiss you, or say you're so sweet and become a good friend.
Reply 11
It will work, trust me, I'm a girl. She will either kiss you, or say you're so sweet and become a good friend.

Or think you are a creep and slap you.
Original post by Aph
Or think you are a creep and slap you.

It's thoughts like that which means you've got as much pussy in your lifetime as Germany does victories in a world war. She will only think you're a creep if you stand there drooling.
Reply 13
It's thoughts like that which means you've got as much pussy in your lifetime as Germany does victories in a world war. She will only think you're a creep if you stand there drooling.

Ok, well we'll see if you change your tune when someone does that to you.
Also seeing as you are a virgin too...
Original post by Aph
Ok, well we'll see if you change your tune when someone does that to you.
Also seeing as you are a virgin too...

I've had a boy do it to me and I was blown away by it. We didn't kiss but we did start talking and are now really really close friends. As a girl it's easy to get sex if I want it. All I need to do is enter a club dressed like a whore and dance provocatively.
Reply 15
I've had a boy do it to me and I was blown away by it. We didn't kiss but we did start talking and are now really really close friends. As a girl it's easy to get sex if I want it. All I need to do is enter a club dressed like a whore and dance provocatively.

But surely just anyone doing it to you like a random person on the street and you'd run a mile.

Quick Reply

Latest